the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:31 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:44 pm 
hey, I didnt know where else turn. I tried checking out some of the other threads and forums, but with no luck. Ever since I started using my Belkin router, I've been getting incredibly slow downloads. I've set up a static IP (at least i think i did) and I tried configuring the router from http://192.168.2.1 > virtual servers and then enabled ports 6881-6999, but i'm still getting a yellow light and 1-5kb/s on a cable connection. please help. send advice to onixshrine@hotm ail.com, if you would like.
thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:48 pm 
using bittorrent t-0.3.12 by the way

Post subject: same problem
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:37 pm 
I've got the exact same problem I'm using a Belkin F5D7230-4. I also setup the static IP and enabled the ports but just get the yellow light and 5kps dwlds on a cable line. Using Bittornado-0.3.7 and BitLord1.1 and rarely see anything above 5kbps.

If you can help, please do. I'm been searching & reading for days solely for a fix to this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:21 pm 
Yeah i have the same prob with the same hard ware if any one figures this out please post here as before i had the router installed i had green lights all the way and no probs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:35 am 
I also have a Belkin and have been searching for days on how to fix this.....still no luck. Anyone please help us?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:59 am 
I have a green on my Belkin wireless. The dowload speeds I am seeing so far are only around 50-60 kB/s though.

I went to the router configuration interface...virtual servers...

line 1: Check the enable box...enter whatever you want in the description box...I put 6881-6999 in the inbound port boxes...select TCP from the drop down menu...enter the last number of your private IP(if you do not know this number...In windows, go to start, then click run. In the box, type the letters cmd and then click ok. This will take you to the command prompt. Once you are in there, type in ipconfig and then press enter. Once the info comes up...the first IP address you see will be your IP address. Since it is all mostly filled in for you in the virtual servers page, you only need that last number. This is to make sure that the router forwards them to the right machine.)...Then in the private port boxes, I entered 6881-6999. Go to the bottom and make sure you click on APPLY CHANGES...and make sure that the ENABLE box on that first line has a check mark in it before you apply changes. I then went into system settings(under utilities)...and I enabled UPnP. Someone else told me to do it. I have a green light now...so I am not going to change it.

That is all I did for the router. I have windows XP. I made sure to turn off the Windows XP firewall. TO do this if you do not know how...go to start, then the Connect to tab...then "show all connections" from the pop out menu(you are going to the network connections window). Click to highlight the connection you are using...and then on the left side of the window under Network Tasks, click on Change Settings of This Connection. When you are there...click on the advanced tab at the top of the box. This should be where you can check or uncheck the Internet Connection Firewall. Uncheck it and click OK. It will be off.

On BitTornado under Prefs, I put in the ports 6881-6999 and unchecked the randomize box(top right corner)...then clicked save.

That is all I did. Now my light is green...speeds are better than when light was green(they were like 5-10 kB/s then).

hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:06 pm 
I did all that...and it doesnt work. I have getting sad and desperate. =[

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:03 pm 
maybe it i the torrent you are trying to dowload(bad tracker or something...not enough peers and seeds maybe...)

have you tried a very healthy torrent? something with lots of seeds and lots of peers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:29 pm 
yeah. =[

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:07 am 
If anyone is good at this, can u please help me by sending me an aim ChrisWBlaylock. Thank you, i want to be able to use all of my bandwith.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:54 pm 
Have you set up a static IP?
If not, you may want to try that. If you don't have one set up, then everytime you restart your computer, your dynamic IP setup might give you a new IP(this can happen everytime you restart your PC)...And if that happens...then the port forwarding you did will be of no use because the router will be forwarding the ports to the original IP address you listed at the virtual servers page of the router interface. With a static IP, you will have the same IP address all the time...so the router will always forward the ports to the right IP address.

Other than that...I have no idea what might be wrong for you. I had problems before too. Just last week, I really screwed up and disabled NAT on the router. That screwed up the whole router configuration. We called belkin and they sent us a new router. We had no Internet on any of our PC's for over a week. Now they are set back up...and I have finally figured it out and got my green light.

Right now, I am downloading a file of 23 gigabytes. I have about 9 gigabytes downloaded so far. there are 150 peers, and 14 seeds. 20.999 distributed copies. I am getting about 50-60 average download speed. I did see 92 yesterday for about 30 minutes. Sometimes it dips down to the 20-30 range(but only for a few seconds). I have about 72 hours left. It slows down when I use the internet. So it is at like 35 kB/s right now. But as soon as I get off and leave the computer alone, I get about 60ish.

Good luck with it...make sure ALL fireware software is disabled...McAfee...Norton...Windows firewall...ports are all forwarded and set in the BitTornado Prefs...static IP...healthy torrent file.

how fast is your internet connection?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:17 pm 
I did all that but still yellow. I get like 300+ kb/sec with downloads. i got adelphia cable.

Post subject: lol...
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:00 am 
if your wireless is connected to another GATEWAY router before routing itself... you need to port forward the ports from the gateway router to the wireless

:D now dont you feel stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:27 am 
Thanks liverider2003..reat advice about cmd and ip address :D

I've got a belkin router,bittornado and a green light!!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]