the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:52 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:40 am 
Hi i had used this advice and got green lites with my old pc.New pc= red/yellow lights.Im still using my same router and config settings.
linksys befsr41 router, cable modem ,amd 64 cpu.
what else can i try? my nforce firewall is diasabled btw.

Post subject: New PC issue
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:42 pm 
Since you installed Btornado freshly onto a new PC, chances are that you have a firewall blocking the ports. If you have Norton, or anything like it, make sure it is disabled. Also, remember to check your Windows firewall in Control Panel/Network Connections. Lastly, since it is a new computer, your router may have decided to assign your new computer with an IP address that is different from the one it was giving your old computer. If this is the case, and you had port forwarding set up for the old computer, you will need to enter your router's setup by typing 192.168.1.1 into your web browser, and navigating to the appropriate area, and then specifying the proper ports to be open for the new IP address - you find the right ports by looking in the "advanced" settings of Bit tornado. Hope this helps.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]