the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:59 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: problem
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:04 pm 
Hello I've got a problem with my BitTornado. I've read on a site that the ports 6881 --> 6889 are not good:

Quote:
The default ports are 6881 - 6889 and there are reasons why users shouldn't use these ports. The main reason is that ISP's have begun limiting the use on these ports, or have blocked them out completely so you have to make sure that you change it to the port that is not blocked by your ISP.

So what ports do I have to use. :roll: And what about my firewall it's a ZoneAlarm, but I tried some things but it just won't help :? i'm still getting a yellow light and LOW speed like 7Kb/s.
What must I do with the Upload rate and the Max upload and the super seed and all those other things... :oops:

So:
- What ports do I have to forward?
- How can I configure my ZoneAlarm firewall?
- What about the settings on BT

Post subject: where to start
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:54 pm 
First off turn super-seed off by closing out of bt and reopening it
Second i suggest using sygate rather than zonealarm
Third it would help if we knew what your connection speeds were
And Lastly go to http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm to forward ports to get that green light

thats all i can think of with what you gave us other than that go through the forums, someone probably had the same problem and has a solution to it there.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]