the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:06 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:06 am 
Basically the majority of the torrents I try to DL dont work. Yet the websites say they are perfectly fine with plenty of seeders and such.

Basically I get an error coupled with the black light which goes like this.

"Problem connecting to tracker - <urlopen error (10061, 'Connection Refused')>

Yet sometimes I get Torrents to work....sigh..so confused.

Any Ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:42 am 

10061 usually means that the server hosting the tracker is up, but the tracker itself isn't.

Does it happen with every torrent from every tracker?
Does it happen with the Slackware torrents?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:44 pm 
No it dosnt happen with every torrent. But, it happens with the majority of the torrent sI have tried to D/L

The answer to the second question is, I really dont understand what the question is :-p

The torrents that dont work, are said to be in great condition according to the website. However they dont work, yet I can get the torrents that are dying to work. I really wish it was the other way around, because the torrents that I can get to work seem to be the suxors in video qaulity.

Any Ideas? Turning off zone alarm increases my D/L speed up to 150 kb/s but it dosnt fix the torrents that dont work, and Im assuming its not a port issue do to the fact that other torrents work. Now it could be possible that the torrents that dont work, dont work due to the website being down, however these torrents are reported in great health, and I see no reason why such great quallity torrents would be down all the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 3:29 pm 
some trackers have banned particular ports, so the ones that are rejecting you have most likely blocked the port range your using.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]