the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:40 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Question about DL speeds
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:12 pm 
Ok...here it is:

I have finally got my green light. Got my ports(6881-6999) forwarded. In the Prefs on BitTornado, I have it set from 6881 thru 6999...and randomize unchecked. There are 149 peers...and 8 seeds...22.999 distributed copies.

I have it set on DSL/Cable fast...30kB/s upload...4 max uploads. My share rating is 0.636. I average about 50-60 kB/s for my download speed. Sometimes it goes up to 80 for a little bit, and then drops back to around the 60 area. The file is 23.1 GB...yes...very large i know.

For the 14 hours that I have been dowloading it, I have downloaded 2.126 GB. It tells me that there is about 96 hours left.

So from all this info...
Is this all the speed I will get from this? I am content with it, but if i can get it any faster, I would like to know how.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:58 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:21 am 
what are you downloading?

that speed sounds awesome good

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:52 pm 
it all depends on the amount of peers. if you are connected to most and getting say, 5kb/s off each, then fiddle around with the upload speeds. if you are only connected to a couple and getting 25kb/s off each, then its likely that the speed you are going at is the most you will get

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:17 pm 
it is all good. I finished that download last week. I just let it sit for a while and it went up to around 100.

What was i downloading? Every episode of dragonball z in DivX. I could not resist. I watched that show years ago and I have not seen it in a long, long time...so I figured I would download it and burn them to discs...my dvd player supports DivX...so I will be able to play them on the big screen. quality is very good.

Anyway...i dowloaded some stuff yesterday and got about 170 Kb/s speeds average. They were much more active and popular torrents...So I am good to go. I finally figured it all out...and it only took me about 2 weeks! lol.

hope everyone else can figure it all out! It is not really that hard...and you will all agree once you have yourselves set up and downloading at fast speeds.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]