the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:44 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: 2 computers
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 11:45 am 
Well... I have two computers, and one ruter.

The first computer has green light.
But, the second has yellow light.

I've open ports in the ruter but.. I don't know, any one else with the same problem?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:46 pm 
im guessing that you're using the same ports on both computers. if so, change the ports on one of them and forward them through your router

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:23 pm 
got the same problem , am useing a belkin router and have a green light on my desktop getting speeds of 200 - 300 plus but on my hp nc6000 laptop only getting 15-40 speeds with a yellow light my firewall on my router is dissabled i have the same setup on both systems with norton 2003 running and the same network settings on windows xp pro.
really frustratting that both systems are identical but i have different dl speeds....... :x , even tried connecting direct to mt laptop and still get a yellow light ( do laptops have a invisable firewall ? ) changed ports dissabled firewalls , everthing suggested in the forums but no luck.. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:00 pm 
I am having the same problem. I am getting a green light and fast download speeds on my desktop computer, but I am getting a yellow light on my new HP desktop computer. They are both on the SMC router, and I have forwarded/opened the ports on both the router and the Windows XP firewall (on both computers). I am still getting a green light on my old computer, and
a yellow light on my new computer.

Also, should I enable UPnP on both my SMC router and my Windows Xp firewall?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:29 am 
Quote:
Also, should I enable UPnP on both my SMC router and my Windows Xp firewall?

yes you should

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]