the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:38 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: How i got a green light
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:17 am 
Hello all. Everyone sais about port forwarding on your router and stuff. Yes you need to do that oubviously. Also as most people say forward random ports and not the usualy 6881 - 6999 or whatever. So for example, if you are downloading 4 torrents open 4 ports like 1000 - 1003 (4 ports).

Ok so you have done that, in bit tornado click prefrences and for port range make it from 1000 to 1003 and unselect randomize.

Ok so you have done that and thers still no god damn green light?!?!?!

Well what I needed to do was go to www.whatismyip.com

Copy the top IP from there (at the top, it sais "Your IP is ***.**.**.***")

Then on bit tornado go to prefrences then advanced. Were it sais local ip, paste the IP into there and apply. Close all bit tornado windows and re-open and you should get the green light and good download speeds!

Please note that you wont get a green light straight away, it will take a few minutes.

Please reply if this works for you!

Post subject: my hats off to you
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:09 am 
thejoker wrote:
Hello all. Everyone sais about port forwarding on your router and stuff. Yes you need to do that oubviously. Also as most people say forward random ports and not the usualy 6881 - 6999 or whatever. So for example, if you are downloading 4 torrents open 4 ports like 1000 - 1003 (4 ports).

Ok so you have done that, in bit tornado click prefrences and for port range make it from 1000 to 1003 and unselect randomize.

Ok so you have done that and thers still no god damn green light?!?!?!

Well what I needed to do was go to www.whatismyip.com

Copy the top IP from there (at the top, it sais "Your IP is ***.**.**.***")

Then on bit tornado go to prefrences then advanced. Were it sais local ip, paste the IP into there and apply. Close all bit tornado windows and re-open and you should get the green light and good download speeds!

Please note that you wont get a green light straight away, it will take a few minutes.

Please reply if this works for you!

it worked ^_^ thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:44 am 
you guys are lucky if that worked......

most trackers dont use the local ip, they detect it automatically, so you may find you have a green light on one torrent and a yellow on another (if its from a different tracker).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 9:42 am 
What types of speeds were you getting?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:26 pm 
Speed depends on how many seeders and their upload speeds. However, with the first torrent i got green light with i got 250kbps (my max download speed).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:11 pm 
I think my download is actually slower now...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:06 pm 
it worked tyvm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:46 pm 
The ports on bit tornado need to be 1000 - 1004 and not 10000 - 10004? Is this also true of the port forwarding settings on my router? I have it set at 10000 - 10004.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:51 pm 
Whatever ports you forward on your router, you need to set bit tornado to the same ports.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 12:22 am 
I was about to make a topic like this cause when my ip changed I started to get yellow lights. I knew it wasn't my router, so I looked through some of the options and saw my old ip and then changed it to my new one and what do you know the green light appeared.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 2:23 am 
Hasn't worked for me.
Unlike all the instructions, i do not have a router, and am unable to forward ports!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:23 pm 
Anonymous wrote:
Hasn't worked for me.
Unlike all the instructions, i do not have a router, and am unable to forward ports!!

You must have a firewall enabled. What anti-virus software do you have installed since most come with a firewall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:33 pm 
Thnx Thejoker

Using Trend Micro PC-cillin, and have made exceptions for "BT In" and "BT Out" so that I have some green lights, but not on all!
I have set it to TCP protocol, is this correct?
Do I need to state my IP address for both the above, if so it asks for Host Name, what do I use or is this just a label?

Note that XP firewall is also on.

smurph

Post subject: Firewall
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:25 pm 
Ofcourse I did it my own way, but with all the information together I fanaly got the F*CKing licht green!!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]