the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:33 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 8:46 pm 
Well, dang it. Last night I had several problems getting my sessions working I read through the forums, I followed directions for port forwarding on my DI-604, I fooled around with Zone Alarm but in the end the problem is I just did a fresh install of XP and the built in firewall was enabled so I disabled it and it started working fine (green light and over 30k DL)

So today I start DL again and I am getting yellow lights and 1-2k :evil: I checked everything and my Dlink looks the same, the XP firewall is still disabled and nothing has changed with ZA but now all of a sudden I am still having problems. I have removed ZA totally now because it was screwing up my internet access, I still have the Dlink firewall so my PC should be safe.

Is there any thing I am leaving out? I even brought up some new torrents and all of then are super slow with yellow lights or black with no activity. I have tried torrents with a lot of seeds so I don't get what the problem is.

Before I rebuilt my system every thing worked great except it crashed my PC every 20 minutes of down loading but I fixed that problem by updating my NIC drivers, now the only problem is the yellow light and slow speed.

Please help someone, I know I can get it working but I'm not sure what the problem is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:32 am 
Another problem I have noticed is the stuff I can get down loaded that are zipped or rar files always seem to be corrupted when I try to unzip them. One thing I will try is removing and reinstalling the newest versions of winrar and winzip and see if that makes any difference.

Has anyone ever had problems with zipped files being corrupted? Will reinstalling the newest apps help any? I have had this problem with the past several zipped files I have DL so hopefully fresh installs will help. Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 6:50 am 

Prefs/Advanced/set Extra data checking to triple-check.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:38 am 
Okay, I'll try that when I get home.

What about the .rar and .zip files giving errors that they are corrupted? Any ideas why that keeps happening? Will a reinstall of the latest verions of winrar and winzip help?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:19 pm 
Ah, never mind. That was for file corruption.

OK, so what about the blasted yellow ball. I don't know what else I can do to make it work.

Does anyone have any more help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:21 pm 
Its green now so maybe it is working.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]