the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:06 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 6:09 pm 

Something is wrong!!! That code 192.168.1.1 doesn't work with me nothing will open up. I've even change the last number from 0 to 9 and still no good luck. I can easily get the MAC, IP, and the name but that code is not working!!! HELP!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 6:58 am 

Hi, I'm new here and I have two questions. If I want to set up my router for BitTornado it says on portforward.com that if I intend to download more files at once then I should make my port range larger. Does this mean more torrent files at once or if there are say 100 files in the torrent I need to make the port range 100? And also do you have to forward each port separately like it says on the guide for my router (Dlink-504) or can I just type in 6000-7000 or whatever?

Thanks, Joeyjoejoe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 1:37 am 

Joeyjoejoe wrote:
Hi, I'm new here and I have two questions. If I want to set up my router for BitTornado it says on portforward.com that if I intend to download more files at once then I should make my port range larger. Does this mean more torrent files at once or if there are say 100 files in the torrent I need to make the port range 100? And also do you have to forward each port separately like it says on the guide for my router (Dlink-504) or can I just type in 6000-7000 or whatever?

You don't need ports for files within a torrent, but for torrent files (ends with .torrent). If you're using btdownload* you'll need one port per torrent you run at a time. But btlaunchmany* will use a single port to run multiple torrents. It's always safe to open up a few extra though, just in case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:35 pm 

Cloud Link wrote:
my DCHP server is enabled, should this be enabled?

No, DHCP is for girls and gay-boys :arrow: deactivate it and set up static IP´s
Cloud Link wrote:
and my UPnP is disabled

good! UPnP is the Root of all evil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:14 am 

thx very much yall

i have been stuck in yellow haze since adding a new pc to my family and using a d-link router.

but thx to this forum (and all of you great peeps), portforward.com, and alot of patience on my end, i have green lights across the board and my d/l speeds have increased greatly. not to mention i now know alot about routers and how their used......

yall rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 9:46 pm 

Sleeth.Org's guide is awesome!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 4:29 pm 

Be sure to know your router and the model no. That is the only way we certain to troubleshoot.
Ok what is your router brand and model no.?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6