the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:02 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:48 am 
i'm using Belkin F5D7230-4 on windows xp.

i've done port forwarding.
and i've turned off my xp firewall.
but its still yellow light instead of a green one.
my average dl speed is like 6kB/s sometimes even 3kB/s
when i try pluggin modem directly to my pc it turned to green instantly
so i assume its something to do with my router.

inbound port as 6881-6999
private port as 6881-6999
type TCP

is that correct?

can someone please help?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 1:44 pm 
I have the exact same setup as you ^^^. Try going here http://portforward.com/networking/static-xp.htm
I've done everything you have, and also what is on that page and now mine works fine and is green:) Thanks very much to the topic creator and anybody else who recommended using that site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:07 am 
Wow Sod's advice is really helpful.
After opening the ports (6881-6889 or more) it's important to enter that range of ports into Bit Tornado in prefs. I forgot to do that. Now I have green.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:35 pm 
but it has already done what i tried the first time i saw the light the site is only of help to n00bie pc users thnx anyway!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:29 pm 
Ok, I have a question, because I am rather stupid when it comes to things of this nature. I recently hooked up my DI-604 router (since I wanted to use XBox Live again), and ever since then have not gotten the green light. Now, I know this is due to the firewall, but I have been trying to find ways of circumventing it. Ok, so I have read those articles on how port forwarding and port triggering and had a couple of questions (cause I am a dunce). I am on my University's network and thus use a dynamic IP. Do I really have to go through the port forwarding/triggering thing, or is there a way to let bittorrent through without it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 3:56 pm 

Port forwarding in my eyes is the best way to do this. Btw it could be your university firewalling those ports.

www.portforward.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:12 pm 
This site is very helpful. I use a Linksys Model BEFSX41 and I have a green light for the first time ever!

Plus my downloads are now averaging around 90 kb/sec, sometimes spiking above 100! Much better than KazaaLite.

Post subject: #&@#%!!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:47 pm 
I'm flipping out... I've been sitting here for three and a half hours configuring crap and nothing is helping out my download speeds. I set up my router to forward BitTorrent ports 6881-6999 to my computer or whatever, I set the BitTorrent port ranges to 6881-6999, I set the port trigger to 6969, I configured my firewall to allow those ports, I tried disabling my firewall, I changed my IP to be static, I upgraded the firmware on my router, I tried combinations of all the crap I already tried, and I don't even want to list the rest of what I've tried. Reformatting, etc. is not an option I'm going to consider.

I have gotten the green light, but only when I set everything to ports 6881-6889, not 6999. Unfortunately, download speeds are still limited to 0-10kb/s and uploads go as high as 30kb/s. I've tried limiting uploads to 1 at 1kb/s and 100 at 5000kb/s... made no difference.

I'm hoping that maybe I overlooked something or that it's a quick fix... anyway, here's what I'm working with.

D-Link Router, DI-604 (Revision E)
Win XP (yes I've messed with disabling/configuring the XP firewall)
BitTornado (whatever the latest version is)
Norton Personal Firewall (supposedly configured to allow BitTorrent)

By the way, I ran the NAT-Checker from some other thread in here and got the message:
"rejected by tracker - NAT check failed. Check for firewalls or port forwarding."

So... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am so frustrated right now that I probably left out a few things you might need to know to fix it. The problem is "obviously" with the firewall or the port forwarding, but both seem to be configured correctly... *sigh*

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 9:59 pm 
Some ISP firewall their servers, which means that doesn't matter what you do, you will always be behind a firewall.
Changing the port range will not do anything (as your IP is firewalled, so are all your ports).
To know if you are using such ISP, simply disable all forms of security (plug your pc directly into the wall, not through a router),
then go online, and search for IP scanning. Try a few sites.
If you are firewalled, they'll usually say something like your ports are
on "stealth" (invisible).
In such case, you will always have a yellow (go to pref, then turn on green
light thru firewall, then you'll have that green).
There is nothing you can do otherwise, aside getting a new ISP.
Hope this shed some light on that green light business.
(I know this because it happened to me)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 10:14 pm 
The router is just routing cable from this computer into the basement for my brother's XBox Live... this computer is already hooked directly into the wall, I'm pretty sure. Obviously I'm not the expert... all I know is that this computer has a direct cable feed from the wall and then the router is connected to the cable here and throws it down in the basement. I checked a few sites without the router though and they didn't give me any stealth or invisible crap. :(

Anyway, I'm not worried about the green light as much as I am about the incredibly slow download speeds. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:57 am 
i'm using a billion 5100w.... so i adjust my ports in the NAT... set the ports to 6881 - 6999... what IP address do i put in ?

and how do i find this IP address ?

this is for bit torrent

Post subject: Port Forwarding
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:48 pm 
I read this forum & THANKS TO YALL ]---I have a green light &
now d/l speed is great-----was lower than u/l :cry: .

Again THANKS to all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:19 pm 
Problem discovered! Apparently one of the other users on this computer installed a really crappy McAfee Firewall that was supposedly expired...

...somehow it was still blocking BT from getting good download speeds. Uninstalled the little f 'er and now it works great :)

Thanks for the help guys :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:53 pm 
i now have green lights - kooool ... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:53 pm 
i now have green lights - kooool ... :D

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next