the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:39 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:00 pm 
HI everyone

I am just a bit confused. Now i went to the port forwading site and it says i should open ports 10000 to 10010 in Bit Tornado while in a thread here, someone says i should open ports 6881-6991.

So can someone pls tell me what ports i should actually open?? I know i will need to open these ports in my ADSL modem as well.

Cheers

Post subject: connecting
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:39 pm 
DHCP is explained later on.

Unless your IPS gives you a static External IP, it will change all the time.
But you shouldnt worry about that, unless youre connected through a proxy server.

The IP youll have to forward those ports to is the INTERNAL IP for YOUR computer. This would have to be a static Internal IP. THis is done by telling windows to always connect to the Gateway (your router) using the same adresses. If this is done on all computers on the network, it doesnt matter if DHCP is enabled, you can forget about it.

Everything is really well explained on that website.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:09 am 
NETGEAR WGU 624 and alike

Open up your browser to customise the router settings. To connect to the router via your browser, type in 192.168.1.1 as the web address. That is the default address - if it does not work, someone may have changed it! Try changing the last number until you are able to log in.

The default login details are "admin" and "password" Once again, if it doesn't work, someone has changed it.

Next find 'LAN IP Setup' on the list to the left. Under address reservation click Add. Now we need to fill in the three required fields:

IP Address
Device Name
MAC Address (a.k.a. Physical Address)

To find these, open the Run program on your start menu and type "command". Press return and you will arrive at a black and white screen. type in "ipconfig /all" and press return.

There will be a load of information and all you have to do is find the three field you need. Device Name maybe called Host Name. For example my details are shown below:

IP Address = 192.168.1.9
Device Name = MARKSPC
MAC Address = 111BA5C762

Note that the MAC/Physical address is written without the -. when you are done, click Apply.

*So far you have told your router that you want that particular computer to be assigned the same IP address (computer number if you will) evertime it connects to the router. Usually the router will give the first computer to connect the first number in its list of addresses. From now on your computer will always recieve the same number

Before we carry on, we need to make sure your router is used as a DHPC server. Click on the LAN IP Setup link again and see if the option for DHCP is checked. DHCP basically means it will give computers an IP address from its list. The starting IP means the first address it will give out. Default is 192.168.1.2 and the Ending is the last one it will give out. Default is 192.168.1.180. so for every computer that connects to the router, they will be given an address in order according to the list... so 192.168.1.2 then 192.168.1.3 then 192.168.1.4 all the way to 192.168.1.180

Under address reservation, you should see the computer you just added to the reserve list. Make sure the reserve IP for that is within the starting and ending ip address. If it is not, click edit and ammend.

Now open 'Port Forwarding/Port Triggering' and make sure Port Forwarding has the little circle next to it checked.

Add a custom service using the relevant button on that page.
Service name: Torrent
Starting Port: 6882
Ending Port: 6888
Server IP Address: The IP of the computer you just reserved

Click Add and then Apply once the page refreshes.

The new service should be shown on the list on the Port Forwarding/Port Triggering page.

Now Logout of the router page (or just close the browser) and open the Bit Torrent client you use (BitTornado in my case). Now go into settings or preferences find the port ranges and set them to what you specified in the custom service part above (starting 6882 ending 6888). I uncheck randomise, but I don't know if that does much.

Click Save or Apply and close the client. Reopen it again and choose a torrent to download. If all has gone right, you should turn green within a minute.

If you have any minor questions, email me at:
dansleeth @ hotmail . com

Post subject: Part 2
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:12 am 
If it does not work, reopen Command via Run on your start menu and type:

ipconfig /release

Wait for it to release your IP information and then type:

ipconfig /renew

and allow the router to assign you an IP address (hopefully the reserved one we want it to)!

Good Luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:24 am 
Best walkthrough ever Sleeth. Thank you, my BT works fine now. :D

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:40 am 
If you opend ports and still face connection problems, try disenabling UPnP Framework in you fire wall setting :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:30 pm 
sleeth.org i <3 you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:10 pm 
wow great walkthrough first time i've had a green light.

works well with my netgear dg834gt and adsl2+ connection

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:16 am 
Okay, I'm going to assume Linksys is the problem I'm having with my torrent client. I never had any problems at all with my torrents before a disk was run for the router, but I saw an immediate problem afterwords. The person who ran the setup disk uninstalled Linksys, so now I have no idea where to go to change the settings to what they need to be. I've tried messing around with the client, and other settings from the internet and network connections, but I'm lost on where to go now that Linksys is no where on the computer. Does anyone have any ideas on what to do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:39 am 
Anonymous wrote:
wow great walkthrough first time i've had a green light.

works well with my netgear dg834gt and adsl2+ connection

UPDATE - Love this port forwarding thisng as i'm downloading torrents at a marvelous speed of 384kb/s

Many thanx to Sleeth.Org :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:26 pm 
visslren wrote:
Its just to realize it. Torrent and torrentsites sucks. Its only good for people with slow Internet connection. Today when you must have a firewall or router to skip virus, trojans, spywares and hackers this doesnt just work for people who dont know how to set up the router in port forwarding.

And when you open ports in your router, well then you open holes for those thousands hackers around the world who only want to get inside your computer.

Skip this shit and use direct connect instead. Its the best program for downloading copyrighted files ever. Realize it. I'm done with this crap.

Adios!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2006 7:29 pm 
I'm probably just being paranoid, but why does portforward.com need my static ip adress to set up port forwarding?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 6:10 am 
A class Sleeth. You are the don!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:16 am 

thank you all very much for this great info, in helping me fix my firewall problem

it ended up being my dsl modem, i just got in there put in the correct port forwarding settings, bam, blue/green light and the connection checker worked perfectly

although on my dsl modem (paradyne not sure the model)
i had to enter the ports to forward select udp,tcp
the last field was port map, i'm not sure what this means
i just entered the first port # that entered to forward it worked

but could someone explain what port map is and the significance of what i entered

Post subject: Yellow light gone. Yay!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:57 pm 

Thanks for all the info. Didn't read all the posts but enough to figure out what I neede to do and I've now got the green light. I get the connection rejected by tracker error but perfect score error but my dl/ul speeds are way up. Tried persistent port forwarding first but limited to 100 ports for incoming so set up the application triggered forwarding and now working much better.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next