the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:25 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 2:44 am 
Hey everyone,
I have an Alcatel SpeedTouch 530 and to date I can't get rid of that accursed yellow status. I am not running any firewall and the XP firewall is disabled.

I followed instruction on how to foward my ports and things should be working but they aren't. The following screenshot shows the settings that I used for fowarding the ports:

The problem is when I use the http://btfaq.com/natcheck.pl thingy I am given a FAIL!

Also I found a program which allows you to easily turn off the internal firewall of the 530. I have the firewall completely turned off and with the Ports Fowarded I can't understand why I'm getting lackluster speed and "yellow" status.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 3:27 am 

Apparently the problem lay within having my internat port set to 10.0.0.138 as opposed to 10.0.0.1.

The light shows green now, however its still very slow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 4:06 am 

The way mine is set up is

Inside IP 10.0.0.1
Outside IP - AS dynamically assigned by ISP
Inside port 6881
Outside port 6881

To add extra ports just use: Inside & Outside IPs stay the same and you put in the new port numbers you want to assign.

I've assigned a number of ports in the range 6881 - 6999

One thing to note - check the announce IP of the torrent you are downloading. 8080 & 69 are sometimes used.

I use Azureus which can be set to check the lowest port number and then look for a higher one 'til it finds one that is open. If you don't get green lights/smilies then you haven't forwarded your ports correctly.

10.0.0.138 is the 530 address not your PC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 6:33 am 

Thnx for the fast reply Steve, yeah its all green now. Kinda annoying that you can't open all the ports but rather each must be done seperatly. I haven't seen any improvements in speed, so it must be the upload chocking me.

I'm a newbie to all this so might I ask what you mean by "check the announce IP of the torrent you are downloading. 8080 & 69 are sometimes used."

Thnx for the help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 9:24 am 

Have a read of this http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/. hopefully that will clear a few things up

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]