the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:40 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: How to open ports?!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:58 am 
Hi Everybdody,

I got a few quetions...about ports!

I'm new at this port thing. I have a D-link 804 router and have not open ports for my torrent (bittornado) program.

If I not open a port at my router, will I not get full connection with the peers, is thar correct?

And so....

Could someone please explaine for me, how I can open a port at D-link. I know how to open ports, I have done it with DC++.

Shall I take my computers IP and choose TCP and write Start: 6881 End: 6889 at the configuration at the router options?

Thanks for the answers!

Post subject: opening ports
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:06 am 
I'm about to try this one myself... but see if it helps ya....

Hello all. Everyone sais about port forwarding on your router and stuff. Yes you need to do that oubviously. Also as most people say forward random ports and not the usualy 6881 - 6999 or whatever. So for example, if you are downloading 4 torrents open 4 ports like 1000 - 1003 (4 ports).

Ok so you have done that, in bit tornado click prefrences and for port range make it from 1000 to 1003 and unselect randomize.

Ok so you have done that and thers still no god damn green light?!?!?!

Well what I needed to do was go to www.whatismyip.com

Copy the top IP from there (at the top, it sais "Your IP is ***.**.**.***")

Then on bit tornado go to prefrences then advanced. Were it sais local ip, paste the IP into there and apply. Close all bit tornado windows and re-open and you should get the green light and good download speeds!

Please note that you wont get a green light straight away, it will take a few minutes.

Please reply if this works for you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:20 am 
Ok, I took ports 6881 - 6889, it doesnt matter if i write 5001-5009 right?
Only is the same at the router and the client, it will work?

I got the yellow light, after I have done all things. My speed i damn good all now (130), I normal been been on (60kb/sec) , but i do not connecting to all the peers!

How we do to got the damn Green light to work?

Can I take your msn adress and we can talk over there?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]