the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:56 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: linksys router
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:47 pm 
Model is a BEFW1154, I'VE GOT TO OPEN MY PORTS AND DON'T KNOW HOW?

PLEASE HELP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:47 am 

For most Linksys routers, you can open its configuration system at http://192.168.1.1, no username, password "admin". Note that this is not a page on the net, this is being generated by the router itself. Different versions of the router may have different configuration menus, but one of them is port forwarding. You'll need to either find out what DHCP address the machine you wish to download is from and forward ports to it. In the case of two different computers using BitTorrent, you'll need to forward separate sets of ports to each machine and then configure each one's BitTorrent (in Prefs) to use that range.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 5:20 pm 
Please try to use the port forwarding feature of your router and it might solve you technical difficulty.
1. Set your computer's LAN IP address as static, go to the Network (Network Connections) properties, highlight the TCP/IP of your NIC (TCP/IP->Network Adapter) and click on properties. Then on the IP address, choose Specify Ip address indicate 192.168.1.x (x is 2-99) and subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 also indicate the router's ip address (192.168.1.1) as gateway and on the DNS tab, specify the DNS setting from your ISP (or use 192.168.1.1).
2. Access the Router Setup Window by typing 192.168.1.1 in your browser's Address field. Once you have entered your correct username and password to display the Setup Window (if you are using the router for the first time, leave the username blank and type ?admin? as the default password), click on the "Advanced" tab, then click the "Forwarding" tab.
? Under the "Forwarding" tab, enter the port(s) that your application uses under the "Service Port" field(s) - type in a number for each of the ports. Both the TCP and UDP ports are activated once you enter a port number in the field.
? Then enter the IP address of the PC on the network that you would like the data to be forwarded to. Remember to assign a static IP address to that PC.
? Click on Apply.

Post subject: WRT54G
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 8:36 pm 
See the above for most of the details which are great and accurate.

For this model, here is where I found port forwarding:
Click "Application & Gaming" Tab

Enter the start & end port that match the settings on your BT client:
For BT S-5.8.11, click "Prefs" and see them in the upper right-hand corner.

Thanks to the others on this thread. It has taken me months to NOT accomplish what you've helped me accomplish in 3 minutes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 9:12 pm 
hi guys and gals,

i did what u guys say .. dun know if it is correct..

i enter bitTorrnet in the application field

and open ports 6000-9000 ... and type in the assigned ip to my com ...
so is that all that needs to be done ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:28 pm 

6000-9000 is too big a range.

6881-6999 is enough.

Other than that, you're fine.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]