the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:10 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:28 pm 
hi everyone. I am very new to using torrents. I was referred to it by a member on another forum. I have been trying to download a few tv shows that I missed yesterday due to a satellite outage and have a question. first a bit about my system:

I am using BitTorrent 3.4.2. I have Win XP Pro with SP1 on my pc with the Zone Alarm Security Suite v. 5.5.062.011. I am also using a router - D-Link DVG1120M(I use AT&T Callvantage VoIP) I have Comcast HSI with 6MB d/l. I also run Ad-Aware and have no spyware/malware.

now for my question - I have been told that I need to change some settings on my pc due to the speeds I am getting. I am downloading a torrent at this very moment and my d/l is 10kb/s to 14kb/s max while my upload is in the range of 40kb/s to 50kb/s. I have no idea on what I should change for fear of messing up my computer. I don't know what else I should put in this post so I hope this info will atleast be a start.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:09 pm 
ok, I just d'led and installed BitTornado and now I understand this green/yellow/red light talk. I have a yellow light. I have changed the following settings so far in bittornado:

settings for dsl/cable fast
upload rate 100kb/s - how can I get this higher? I have 768kb up
max uploads is set at 8 - should I go higher/lower

do I need to change the port range from 10000 to 60000 with the randomize box checked?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:11 pm 
anyone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:00 pm 
u have to:
1)forward random TCP ports (eg 14563-14566 -> if u want to download/seed 3 torrents at same time) in windows internal firewall (if u have it enabled)
2)forward the same ports in your router
3)allow bittornado in ZA
4)in bittornado specify the ports (eg 14563-14566) u have chosen (uncheck randomize box)
5)Done (u should have green light - not firewalled bittornado)

PD: u can choose from between 1060-65535 TCP ports (i like to put higher ports coz lower ports are used by windows)
PD2:browse this forum (the stickies first) u ll find all the information on how to forward ports in firewalls and routers.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]