the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:59 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:05 pm 
Ok. So. Before I get started don't respond with go here or try this thread or something like that and then post a link. I looked at everything at many places and the one thing I noticed was that no one gives a full or covers all variables explanation.
I use Bittonado and I have supposed DL speed of 5 M. After usage and all that other over head, when I go to a broadband tester I still get around 3126 kbps DL and 508 kbps UL (.....As accurate as it is). I Do not use a router and I do use Win XP. I do not wish to turn off my fire wall. I always , always, always hear of people that get 150. 200, 300+ kbps or more from there torrent and it's getting to be more. You would think that if I had this kind of DL and UP speed that I should get something close to Wammo!! No?
So. I forward ports 6881-6889 individually, using the name 127.0.0.1 (local machine right?). Then I change the port range on Bittornado to 6881-6889 and check the random use box. I have it on unlimited and leave it. I have had it on T3 and T1 but not much change.

PLease!! What do I change??? What exactly do I do???
On the pref page of the client what do i do with settings mode, default rate settings, UPnP port forwarding, default max down rate and the advanced tab...dont get me started there.
If you go into the other Advanced tab wher you see all the addreses...then what? What do I do with max DL rate? what do i set for all these settings!?!?!? ON the front of the client what should I set my settings to including the Max number of Ul'rs.
What!?!?!? Help!!! God !!!I'm gonna explode if i don't get some descent F@#$ing speed!!
Thank you for your patients and time in this matter.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:20 pm 
Sorry. When I mean to forward ports. I mean to "enable incoming connections to be answered by the BitTorrent client program."
Thank you.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]