the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:42 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 11:53 am 
OK, I have been using the regular bit torrent for a while now, and switched today to bit tornado because some torrents wouldn't work with the other 1, now, I used to have a norton firewall, but I unistalled it, so I think the problem now is with the xp integrated firewall, whih I have no idea how to disable, could anyone tell me how to disable that?

Thanks in advance, LucasIga

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 6:34 pm 
yes lucasiga disabling the windows xp integrated firewall is quite simple just follow these steps:

1. Click the Start Button
2. click Control Panel
3. click Network Connections
(If you see 3 or more connection right click on each one and choose status and see which one is sending the packets, once you know which one is your connection, exit out of that small box)
4. Then right click on the appropriate connection and choose Properties
5. Click on the Advanced tab on the right, then "Uncheck" the Internet Connection Firewall box!

Your all set, and I hope this helps someone!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 5:10 pm 
Ok. i got to my connections advance properties and it tells me that my "Windows management instrumentation" files might be corrupt and i should use system restore. Should i restore and what will that do to my files that i have installed since my last restore point.

Post subject: Asking for trouble
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 8:56 am 
If you're on any connection other than dial-up modem, when you've managed to disable the XP firewall, reinstall Norton firewall or any other firewall of your choice but configure it to allow incoming connections. Running any broadband connection without protection is like leaving your chequebook in the park with every cheque signed. It's like walking into the lions den dressed as a zebra or going to a bikers bar and asking for the way to the nearest gaybar. It's asking for trouble, before you know it SkyNet will own your computer and all that's on it. Stay in control.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]