the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:50 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:47 pm 
I know that this OS is ancient, but it's what I use at work (I have XP at home). Please no comments about downloading stuff at work. Anyways, I do use windows 98 and everyone else in the company uses XP. I always get a yellow light and want to fix this. We have a fast dsl connection at work that everyone shares, but I need to know how to fix this problem.

Post subject: pfft
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:17 am 
Stop using Windows 98

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:43 pm 
the problem is you're using a shared connection from work. to get a green light you'd need to allow external connections in through the router(s). this is bad for an office!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:07 pm 
The problem, like the last poster said, isn't because you're using Win 98 -- it's because the single DSL line is shared between multiple comptuers...obviously through a router somewhere.

That router would need port-forwarding enabled TO your computer for the ip ports that BitTornado uses or YOU WILL ALWAYS BE FIREWALLED NO MATTER WHAT ELSE YOU DO.

If your computer has ip ports already forwarded to it for other reasons, then you might be able to change BitTornado to use those ports -- but that may cause minor problems with BitTornado and/or the other software as they will be seeing each other's traffic and not know how to 'read' it.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]