the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:49 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:59 am 
I have 512kdsl/3.0mbps and my bitornado never uploads anywhere near my maximum which is around 52kb/s or whatever unlike bitcomet that goes 52kb/s always or around that, but bitcomet only connected to 55 max peers always so dont go telling me to go and get bitcomet instead. I have speed set to unlimited and firewall on DMZ. Why is it not letting me upload any faster? I dled this version (stable) couple weeks ago. I have windows xp home SP2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:26 am 
"unlimited" is not a useful setting, IMO as it so overloads the internet connect that the resulting speed is considerably less than setting fixed limits.

Have you tried setting upload max to 50 KB/sec, 10 peers at once -- set as a 'fast' internet connection?

Use a bandwidth monitoring program (or try figuring out Win XP's) to see how smooth your uploading and downloading is. I use AnalogX NetStat Live to monitor my bandwidth.

If your bandwidth-monitoring program shows lots of bursts and then drops...especially if they go to 0...then something is overloading or just poor at managing heavy loads. I've found I could reduce speeds in BitTornado 1 KB/sec at a time and watch the results for 15 seconds...and uploading around 30-40 KB/sec went from jagged to pretty smooth for heavily populated torrents.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]