the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:29 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:30 am 
ARGH!! This is soooo frustrating! I used to get the green light fine, and then all of a sudden, bam!! I'm yellow-lighted. I've re-checked my router to see if the settings were changed, but they're all fine. I ran a scan using spybot - no malware. I just cant figure it out!! I even tried using other clients such as the original BitTorrent and Azareus, but they all say I'm firewalled, or error wit NAT. I'm no newbie at this, so trying to figure what the hell chenged is makin me soooo mad!! Anybody else encountering this problem? ANY help would be appreciated. i'm ready to ... cry... :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:40 am 
It's remotely possible that something your ISP did is causing it. (Routing BitTorrent packets differently than regular HTTP traffic using something like Packeteer.)

Something to check is whether remote config is enabled on your router and/or whether you have flashed the firmware in the router in the last 2 years.

Also, is your computer on a fixed ip or 'automatically assigned by Windows'? That might explain how it worked for awhile (your computer's LAN ip was usually 1 value), but all of a sudden your computer's LAN ip is something new and the router is still trying to port-forward incoming BitTorrent packets to the OLD LAN ip...since they never reach you that way, you'd be firewalled.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]