the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:09 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:57 am 
asking for help right now, because i dont have firewall installed in my computer but still get the yellow sign.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 7:11 pm 
Many anti-virus programs now include lightweight firewalls which install with them or as part of them.

Lots of spyware and viruses act to firewall a connection too, as they route internet traffic through their listening software and may be dropping ANY packets (such as BitTorrent traffic) that they don't understand.

Win XP has a built-in firewall which is (re?) enabled by default in service packs 1 and 2.

Some cablemodems and DSL modems have routers and firewalls built into them, and have to be configured as well to allow incomming traffic to reach your computer without your computer requesting it first.

Some or ALL the above may be your problem, and I cannot tell which without more information.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:19 am 
i already disabled my firewall that is installed in windows xp, both of the local connection and control panel firewall. we dont have antivirus installed here in this computer, all we have is reg cleaner, which is spyware cleaner. my internet connection is cable modem, which dont have routers installed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:38 am 
Anonymous wrote:
we dont have antivirus installed here in this computer,
Get one. I suggest AntiVIR which is free to home users, maybe not the greatest...but hard to argue with free.

From my experience, if you get a yellow light ALL the time then you are definitely firewalled. By what, I can only guess as I cannot root around your computer for hours to figure it out firsthand.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]