the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:56 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:05 pm 
I forwarded the ports 10000 to 10010 first and then I also tried 6881-6999. Although I am getting green light, still the download speed wont go above 6 kB/s. Some ppl here were saying they are getting blazing 100 k/s. Any suggestions what could be wrong...
Thanks in advance for help!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 11:30 am 
Yes, your ISP hates BitTorrent users.

That means you.

Ok, so what's your ISP?
And have you done Google searches to see if your ISP is blocking/slowing BitTorrent packets?

Post subject: same with m
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:20 pm 
hey guys im with PG i have the green light but im not getting high download speeds and i led my isp but nothing came up about it :o so yeah the most im getting is like 28-34kb/s for a torrent that has around 527 seeds and 5000+ leechers and i did the port forwarding . . .sum one please help thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:01 am 
Are you on the same ISP as PG? If so, the ISP might be the problem.

Is your computer guarenteed 100% free of spyware, adware, viruses, trojans, and even legit programs that might in some way be crippling your download/upload speeds?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:43 pm 
I have the same problem and I highly doubt that it is due to my ISP because it worked fine like 2 months ago. I also have no spyware or viruses or anything that could affect the BT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:17 am 
Many ISPs can and have throttled/slowed/stopped BitTorrent traffic through their connections at random, literally with the click of a switch.

One day things may be fine, and then the next 2 weeks you're lucky to download at 5 KB/sec or upload faster than 1 KB/sec.

Don't believe me -- do some searches on GOOGLE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:32 am 

I'm with Switeck there. Public trackers seem worse. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:50 am 
Damn it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 3:02 am 
Anonymous wrote:
Damn it.

I get great speed on public tracker! I dunno what your problem is! I get 200-300kb/sec 24hrs a day on my 3.0/512 connection
WOW;....asdf you really suck. such noob! ahah. imean haha! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 7:25 pm 
I've since done some research, and it seems BitComet is 'heavily favoring' other BitComet users for its uploads. Worse, it lies to the tracker about how much it has downloaded/uploaded -- and disconnects/reconnects on purpose to get the 'free 1 MB' download as a 'new user' ...after all, a new user might otherwise have nothing to share.

The private trackers have started banning these cheating clients, so that may be why public trackers are "worse".

Not only that, there are Azereus mods which do the same things as BitComet.

Even if you're not on a crippled connection, many others are -- and they do hurt your ability to download if most of them can only upload at a trickle (5-10 KB/sec max).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005 2:29 pm 
Just because a few lamers banning BC doesn't mean it sucks! that's like saying p2p sucks because some are getting crappy speed! get a clue you noob! private tracker sucks, public = cool you can leech all you like and not be abused by nazis controlling the tracker. God, no one has good upload speed! 1.0 ratio is torture! is stupid and for morons!
would you rather spend time uploading 16 hours a day, downloading nothing or would you rather leech as moderate speed 24hrs a day???
What a lamer, lmao.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 3:11 am 
Sure, BitComet may seem a little "better" than other clients...
But BitComet CHEATS -- it may soon even be banned from some PUBLIC trackers:

1.BitComet incorrectly uses DHT on private torrents/trackers, even ignoring BitComet's user's settings NOT to if the tracker briefly goes down!

2.BitComet deliberately misreports upload and download amounts to trackers and seeds in order to get the "lion's share" of upload bandwidth from seeders.
(Others have said that using super-seed as a seeder often takes >200% of the torrent's size to create other seeds due to BitComet's cheating-by-default.)

3.BitComet disconnects and reconnects to download more than is fair via optimistic unchoke -- (which is meant to give new arrivals something to share. Sadly, Azereus is reported to do this too. Automatically droping working connections is hostile activity -- it creates lots of churn which costs extra bandwidth for trackers and peers alike.

4.BitComet seems to favor uploading to other BitComet clients, even when getting faster download speeds from other clients. The most extreme case was a private tracker/torrent on a huge college lan with "100mbps" connections -- the person who did this could download at >3 MB/sec if using BitComet but only ~5-15 KB/sec if using µTorrent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 4:57 am 
swifttech, you do not understand the true nature of fileswarming. it's much better then p2p. it's p2p+
just like adsl+
in the old days people would be glad if their download would move at all, these day all they do is complain about slow speed. bitcomet is not a leech client it is a bt cliient like any other client minus superseeding that is only useful as an initial seeder if they have very slow upload 25k-32k?
how can we complain about something that is free? users on newsgroup have a right to complain since they are guaranteed to max their download 24hrs a day.
there are people who are affected because none would seed, this is everyone's fault it's not an individual problems, not a client problems.
you do not attack the hands that feed ya, it's just wrong to blame it on something that's created to serve me and you to download torrent conveniently.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 12:55 pm 
This thread has long-since veered off-course.

To "Guest", my reply to you about BitComet is here:
http://forums.degreez.net/viewtopic.php ... 2c2ae812e7
Confirmed: BitComet cheats...and not in a good way!

Back on the original subject:
"Firewalled" just means something between BitTornado and the other bittorrent clients (the other peers+seeds+trackers) is blocking a connection. Being firewalled is sort of like a telephone that cannot ring. People call, you can't/don't answer.

BitTornado being firewalled is almost certainly not a fault of BitTornado -- it's something else, usually a hidden firewall program (maybe included with other software, such as antivirus software?) or NAT router (maybe hidden inside of a DSL/Cable modem?). Further up the line, your ISP could be blocking file-sharing traffic. Even the internet lines your ISP connects to could be blocking some file-sharing traffic! (AT&T was shown to be doing this all over the USA -- the small ISPs got blamed for it, and didn't know WHAT to tell their customers!)

Lastly, viruses and spyware can be messing up your computer so much that it's not working right. And the first thing they typically do is knock out your antispyware and antivirus software...quietly so you don't notice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 6:21 am 
So if ISP blocks torrent, there's really nothing we can do right?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next