the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:30 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: GreenLight Help
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:02 am 
Can someone plz help me with getting rid of the yellow light....I am new with Bittornado and i have already tried some of the recommended solutions to speed up my dl rate:
1) Modifying the router to port range 6881-6889
2) Checked for malwares
3) Dont hav any security systems in placed (well not to my knowledge anyway) and my firewall allows bt dls

Currently i have a Ethernet Adaptor, Window Xp
My dl rate right now is ranging from mostly 0-10kb/s, and to my knowledge its dling at VERY slow rate...-.-

I would really really appreciate if someone could help me with this frustrated problem. I am not very good with computers, so could someone explain it in user friendly terms?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:59 am 
Is it uploading equally slowly?
If it is, then your ISP may be blocking/slowing BitTorrent traffic.

Is Win XP's firewall disabled?
If you have another software firewall program, it's BEST to disable the Win XP one.

It's best to use a different ip port range than 6881-6889 -- ISPs block that the most. I recommend anything above 4000 and below 65500 -- just pick a 'random' ip ports range of no more than 20 ip ports -- such as 45000-45019. Make sure the values forward on your router MATCH the values used by BitTornado!

ALSO, make sure the router is forwarding the ip ports to the correct computer! If your computer's on 192.168.100.101...it doesn't do any good to forward packets to 192.168.1.101!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]