the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:37 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:11 pm 
I've been searching threads on this forum for the past hour or two, and can't find a decent fix.

I have no router. In the firewall provided by Norton Internet Security 2005 AntiSpyware Edition, I have permitted access to BitTornado by all ports. However, I only ever receive the yellow light and very slow download speeds. I do not know what is wrong, as I had always received the green light in the past with Norton's firewall configured.

The only thing I've done different in the past few days is a few Windows tweaks and disabling some services, but I don't believe they should affect BitTornado. Here is the image of my disabled services:

Windows Firewall is also disabled.

Can somebody please help me, without the advice of "remove your firewall," as I wish to keep it since it has protected me from viruses and spyware in the past that was undetected by the AntiVirus program.

Thanks a lot in advance to anyone that can help!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 6:19 pm 
PS, I am running on Windows XP SP2, cable modem connection 10Mbit/128Kbit connection. I have no troubles when the firewall is disabled, but I wish to keep it enabled and set it up so that I receive decent torrent speeds. Other programs such as Shareaza work with high download speeds, just not BitTornado :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 11:07 pm 
FIXED!
The problem had something to do with the newest version of SYSTEM MECHANIC, even though I didn't choose to install the firewall or antivirus. So beware guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:05 am 
Anonymous wrote:
PS, I am running on Windows XP SP2, cable modem connection 10Mbit/128Kbit connection.
That's got to be the most 1-sided download-to-upload ratio 'broadband' connection I've ever seen! An 80-to-1 ratio.

Or do you mean your PC connects to your cablemodem at 10Mbit, but your cablemodem connects to the internet at only 128kbit? (presumeably even slower than that on uploads!)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]