the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:47 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:00 pm 
I have a wrt54g linksys router. I can't get port forwarding to work. I've tried setting up a static address, and putting it in the dmz, and I even got Upnp to work, when I check advanced on a torrent it says UPnP is forwarding the port.

I have the ports 10000-10004 forward on 192.168.0.201, which is the static ip i set up under network connections for my connection. I have my bittornado setup with ports 10000-10004 on randomize, upnp on fast, rate settings on full. I've reset my router a few times.

Like I said though, I put my ip in the dmz and it still wouldn't work.

I have windows xp sp2, firewall off, no software firewalls, and a westell wirespeed 2200 dsl modem with bellsouth fastaccess DSL.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:28 am 
Dihnekis wrote:
I have windows xp sp2, firewall off, no software firewalls, and a westell wirespeed 2200 dsl modem with bellsouth fastaccess DSL.
The Westell Wirespeed 2200 DSL modem has its own internal router that you need to do port-forwarding on like you did on your wrt54g linksys router.

Post subject: I have the same Problem
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:20 pm 
Hi,

i have the same problem with the WRT54G v4.
Even using Port forwarding, i still get ports Firewalled.
I have a DSL modem having integreted Router with Sympatico, but there is nothing to do in this modem. There is no port forwarding option.
Besides that, it worked before with the same modem when i test a Netgear Router.
So, this is a WRT54G problem in fact.
Can someone help us with this issue.
I already talk with technical support and suggest me to upgrade my Firmware Version : v4.20.6, and use the v4.20.7.
I'm not sure if this will fix my problem or introduce more problems :).

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:20 am 
Are you absolutely sure you know the correct ip addresses for your computer's LAN ip, router's gateway ip, and internet ip?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]