the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:25 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:39 pm 
Im using an BT voyager 105 and im with AOL (dont know if that help )
My firewalls disabled and I'm on 1 MB broadband and im download at 10KBps how do I fix this someone plz help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:33 pm 
I'm having this problem as well. I just followed the guides at PortForward.com and it got me the green light...

...but get this:

Any thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:19 am 
LivingFlame wrote:
I'm having this problem as well. I just followed the guides at PortForward.com and it got me the green light...

...but get this:
Are you using a fixed ip address for your computer and REGULAR ip port forwarding?

Or did you use UPnP port-forwarding...or worse yet, port triggers?

Reason being, is not all 'unfirewalled' states are equal. Definitely with port triggers and possibly with UPnP port-forwarding, the first firewall tests may fail as traffic is only forwarded AFTER triggering conditions occur...the first (few?) packets may be dropped before your router starts forwarding properly. So although the next series of checks for firewall status clear your connection as "not firewalled", many other peers/seeds in the torrent (which are likely firewalled themselves) have already written off your connection as "FIREWALLED!" even though you see a green light.

I've seen times where I wouldn't get uploads from others (my downloads) for as much as an hour till they possibly retried my connection again. However I usually get uploads from someone even if most don't upload to me.

...I've noticed LOTS of peers/seeds that never upload much or anything to me. Even on 1+ GB file archives, they might only send me 0.6 MB at most -- despite being connected to me for 10+ hours straight.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]