the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:44 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 9:22 pm 
I need help, I don't know much about this stuff, but if someone can tell me what I have to change I will search for it on my router

I also have ZoneAlarm pro, but I closed it (I will deal with this later, since its easyer), and my windows firewall is disabled

this is my configuration
cable(256 kbps)--->cable modem ---> router(CNet) ---> PC

Im also having problems with other programs, like eMule (low ID and stuff)

Help is sooooooo apreciated

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 3:26 am 
User manual CNIG914
CNIG914 FAQ

You have to forward ports that are used by the p2p programs. You can do this under advances setup, local server setup.

For bittornado forward ports 6881-6899 (TCP), compare this with your prefs in bittornado. You only need to forward as much ports as you want to run instances of bittornado.

For emule forward ports 4662 (TCP) and 4672 (UDP), also check your settings in emule.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 4:52 pm 
thanx man

I just have one problem

I have to fill all this info

Protocol : I know here is TCP or UDP
External Port No : Guess I put the port # here, am I right?
Physical IP Address : is this the ip of the PC that will use the ports?
Internal Port No : is the same as the External Prot No.?

thanx again, im testing it right now, but Im starting to belive it may be the ISPs fault too (why the heck do they block ports?), so if this don't work Im changing ISPs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 3:29 am 
For bittorrent you have to set:

Protocol : TCP
External Port No : 6881
Physical IP Address : The IP of the computer that runs bittorrent, e.g. 192.168.1.110
Internal Port No : 6881

If you want more than one instances of bittornado running at the same time, you need to add settings with port 6882, 6883, ... .

Port forwarding is not related to your ISP, it is a router problem.

You can check your ports with http://btfaq.com/natcheck.pl .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 2:56 pm 
ok, I tested while downloading something at 2kbps, and uploading at 8 kbps, and got this

Attempting connect to: 200.79.198.169 port 6881
Fail!
Unable to connect. This likely means you need to adjust your port forwarding configuration, or there is no client running on that port.

when I configured the ports, I used a diferent IP than the one showing on the page, I actually never seen that IP, my IP was more like the example you gave me, 192.168.1.160

I have all my ports configured 6881-6890 on my router

I have no idea what to do now, all my firewalls are shut down and still

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 4:10 am 
The IP shown on that page is your WAN IP or Internet IP, you can check that IP in your router at the status page. If it's not the same, your ISP may have a proxy installed.
You can also use the Access Monitor on that page to see if there was an connection attempt from the other IP shown on the natcheck page (66.17.244.20).
Further you can put your computer in a DMZ, but do this only for testing or use a software firewall. That will set your computer in front of the router, so the router does no filtering/blocking, but you will also have no protection.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 8:04 pm 
Yes, my WAN IP isn't the same as my routher IP, I will ask the ISP if they can give me their Proxy

also, I see this DMZ thing whit lots of IP textbox to fill, what IP should I put there?

at this point, my goal is to have zero protection, I tried connecting my cablemodem directly to my PC, and I have zero firewalls opened, and still I have yellow light, and low ID, so Im sure it is now a ISP thing instead of my router, so Im going to ask if they can give me a proxy and hope that works.

thanx again punisher, your post have been very useful

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 2:04 am 
The IP for the DMZ is the IP of the computer you want to put in the DMZ, it's the same as the physical IP at the local server setup, e.g. 192.168.1.110 .
If you put a computer in a DMZ (Demilitarized Zone), it's like you would directly connect that computer to the internet.
You can check your proxy on this site: http://all-nettools.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 2:14 pm 
now Im pretty sure it was my ISP, all of my friends whit the same ISP have my same problem so we made a little test.

I shared a folder, and whit a program called IP scan, they scaned my WAN IP, and also my "WAN IP" (the one the webpages tell me)

people on my own ISP had no problems finding my WAN IP, and could download files from me, but had no succes whit my "WAN IP"

people on other ISP could not find me on either of the two WAN IP's

I asked my ISP if they had proxy, they said no, then I asked why my WAN IP didn't match the IP the web pages told me... they said they had a firewall, and maybe that was the problem... I asked if it could be removed, they said no and sorry

yep, I'm changing ISPs :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:00 am 
Are there any english manuals for TP-LINK SOHO Router R410 V2.5? It'd be greatly appreciated if someone can give me a link to one if it exists. Thanks!

JW

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:03 am 
Little correction, TP-Link SOHO Router TL-R410 V2.5

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:30 am 
TP-Link SOHO Router TL-R410 english manual

http://www.tp-link.com/product/download ... 410_UG.pdf

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]