the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:54 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: port settings again
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 11:28 pm 
ID Public Port Private Port Port Type Host IP Address

This is my adsl router config for virtual server, what numbers I need to put to public port and what to private port also what is the host ip address

When I download from Torrentbits, down. speed is good but when I download from suprnova it won´t go over 10kb. light is yellow in both sites.

AR41/2C conexant hasbani is my adsl modem

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 12:27 am 
your private and public port should both be 6881. Your Host IP should be the IP address of your computer (the private one, which looks like 192.168.x.x) You should make sure that your com's IP address is static to avoid later confusions, especially if there are more them one com on your LAN.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 12:28 am 
your private and public port should both be 6881. Your Host IP should be the IP address of your computer (the private one, which looks like 192.168.x.x) You should make sure that your com's IP address is static to avoid later confusions, especially if there are more them one com on your LAN.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 2:11 am 
I changed ports like you said but nothing happens it keeps yellow light.

I have F-secure internet security 2004. I have allowed the access to bittorrent to all ports. When i´m downloadig there are 10 peers or over but download rate is 0.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 3:37 am 
You can check your ports here: http://btfaq.com/natcheck.pl

If it says failed, you probably didn't configure it right. If you only see local connection in bittornado, advanced window also indicates that there is something wrong. And remember to forward as much ports as you want multiple instances of bittornado.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 6:11 am 
Also do check if the IP stated at the bottom of the NATcheck page is yours. (You should get your IP from your router, not www.whatsmyip.com) If your ip and the ip stated on the page do not match, you might be having a transparent proxy between yourself and the internet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 7:32 am 
Ok what is it there are; WAN ip address 80.223.42.***, two LAN ip addresses 10.0.0.*, 10.0.0.** and there are static ip address which is 192.168.241.***. which to use ? Router uses dynamic napt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 7:41 am 
Ok I have found intresting thing when downloading from ex. suprnova, tracker uses http://tracker.homelinux.com:6969/announce so it uses port 6969 and this download speed is average 6 kb.
When downloading from torrentbits tracker uses http://torrentbits.org:81/announce.php and this download speed 50 kb which is good but there are that yellow light

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 11:40 am 
Try comparing your WAN address (the 80.223.42.x one) with the one on the NATCheck page. Do they match? If they do, good. If not, then reply here again.

You mention that your router uses "dynamic NAT". I assume you mean that you are talking about DCHP, which means that your LAN ip addresses may change with reboots of your computer. You should enable a static IP for your computer. I can give you exact intructions on this, due to the differences in the terms used in different routers. Basically, you have to assign your com an IP like 10.0.0.50, a IP address that is out of your DHCP range. (The alternative is turning off DCHP altogether. You can then assign your com the IP add 10.0.0.2, 10.0.0.3, and so on for your other computers.)

ID caan be set to anything. Your private and public port should be set to 6881, your host IP adress should be the one you just assigned to your com (10.0.0.50 or 10.0.0.2) Port type should be set to TCP.

After all this, test your setup with NATCheck.

BTW, if you're wondering why downloads on certain torrents can be faster or slower, it mainly has to do with the number of seeders and leeches present. If also has to do with the number of people who have properly configured systems (as in they allow incoming connections. AKA "active" computers). Only these people can connect to "passive" computers (disallowing incoming connections).So less people can connect to you, so less chance of finding fast connections. You can get a more concise explaination here: http://bt.degreez.net/firewalled.html

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]