the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:15 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:19 am 
portfoward.com i went step by step with them and everything went smoothly except when it told me to list the application name as "Tornado1" in the port foward application bix of my router page. My linksys will only allow 7 characters, all i can fit is "Tornado" i still have a yellow light and figure this is why, anyone else see a fix to this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:14 am 
The router's name for the forwarded ports doesn't matter. You could call it "Tomato" or "BitTy" and it'd have no effect on whether it works or not.
You could even leave the application name blank.

If you're still firewalled in BitTornado, either there is something else firewalling BitTornado (Win XP's firewall or your cablemodem/DSL modem also has a firewall/router in it) or you either forwarded the wrong ip ports (ip ports forwarded in the linksys router's settings don't match what you're using in BitTornado)...or you have no clue what ip your computer is, because you set the router to forward TO a nonexistant place in the universe.

Do note it is possible to do more than one of those, so even if you 'fix' one problem you could still be firewalled!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:01 am 
Thanx for the response...........i did the static ip and fowarded ports to that static ip, so that is fine. Now you mentioned something about a cable modem firewall, I never thought of that, any way to unblock that manually or do i have to call my isp?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:43 pm 
If your cablemodem has a router or firewall in it, then you'd configure it very similarly to how you configured your router.

You'll need to find if it has a router/firewall by visiting the manufacturer's website, although your ISP's website might have details about this -- as not being able to play many online games due to the firewall/router in the cablemodem would not make it a popular ISP.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]