the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:49 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: being snuded or choking
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 11:52 pm 
please can any one help me with this alot of mine are snubed or choking please e-mail me star_wolf_sge :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:26 am 
The other side choking you cannot do much about.

Chokinig means they're uploading as fast as they can and simply can't do any more.

Snubbed means they are either not interested in downloading from you (maybe you lack any pieces that they are missing, or they're overloaded)...or for others being unwilling to upload to you because YOU haven't given them enough bandwidth for them to engage in tit-for-tat. If you're not uploading at least 3 KB/sec to someone, they often won't upload back to you until you've uploaded 10's of MB's to them...which at 2 KB/sec can take hours!

Running at max upload speed for your connection will cause a LOT more snubbed and choking conditions than needed. You'll get faster download speeds by setting upload speeds WHILE downloading to only 50-80% of what your connection can sustain.

For instance, your connection may be able to upload at 40 KB/sec max, but only be able to sustain about 30-35 KB/sec without lots of problems -- so 50-80% of that would only be 15-28 KB/sec.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]