the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:24 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:32 pm 
Whenever I click "Change Windows Firewall settings" on the left panel in Network Connections, I always get a message saying that it cannot be displayed because the "associated service is not running."

So it asks me if I want to start the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service. I click yes but then I suddenly get another message saying that Windows cannot start the service and it leaves me with no choice put to click OK.

How can I fix this problem so I can disable my damn firewall? Help would be much appreciated.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:58 am 
run the command prompt by start run cmd and At the command prompt type netsh winsock reset then restart the comp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:42 pm 
Thanks for the help. I actually had to type in a whole bunch of other crap as well because I needed to not only reset the winsock but I had to delete and add some shared access services or something like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:10 pm 
Just so you know: I was running into the Error 10050 problem this evening. I just reset the winsock catalog (netsh winsock reset) and without even restarting it solved my problem.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]