the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:30 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:59 am 
I read some of the other post but I am not sure if this is the same deal.

Whnevwer I use bitlord or a program like that my 2 wire wireless router thing Turns off my internet like ever 2 mins. I read some about the port fowarding, would that fix this? I saw alot of talk about lights my 2 wire's light goes BLACK then blinks yellow and then turns green again so I lose connection to my internet and it happys like every 5 mins for 10-20 sec when I am downloading bittorrent. Can anyone help you point me to a link that would help?

Post subject: Ug typos or something
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:15 am 
Whenever I use torrent progrmas my 2 wire wireless router Turns off my internet like ever 2 mins. I read some about the port fowarding, would that fix this? My 2 wire's light goes BLACK then blinks yellow and then turns green again so I lose connection to my internet and it happens like every 5 mins for 10-20 sec when I am downloading bittorrent

Clean up some of my misstakes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 11:10 am 
BitLord, BitSpirit, and BitComet are all based on the BitComet core programming...and are likely equally bad for your connection. They all make excessive amounts of connections and PURPOSEFULLY disconnect and reconnect to peers/seeds to force them to upload to them. (This is cheating via breaking the bittorrent protocol btw.)

Anyway, it's the sheer number of connections + new connections per second rate that's likely killing your wireless connection.

In BitLord, if you disable DHT, reduce max connections both per torrent and overall, reduce max uploads at once, set upload+download KB/sec speeds considerably below your connection's max (actually needs to be below your connection's SUSTAINABLE average amount), and reduce the number of torrents you run at once your wireless router shouldn't crash...well at least not as often.

Also, see if you can upgrade your wireless router's firmware. (Flash its bios, in other words.) Just look up its manufacture using GOOGLE...or if you have a paper manual (or manual on CD), go to its website to find the upgrade software for it.

It's also possible you need to do the same for your wireless networking card in your computer.

...and it wouldn't hurt to scan for viruses and spyware again too, and do a disk cleanup to delete all the temp files that tend to accumulate in C:\Windows\Temp.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]