the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:25 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:02 am 
I've had BitTornado for a while now and it's worked beautifully. It took me around a week to figure out my firewalls, but once it was done, it would give me speeds of 100kB/s to 200kB/s (sometimes much higher).

BUT, recently, there's been a huge problem. I used to download from tvtorrents.com torrentspy.com weekly and I'd never met any problems. However, suddenly, I haven't been able to connect with any trackers from tvtorrents at all, as well as half the trackers from torrentspy.com! I don't get yellow; I get black or red, and it usually says, "Error: problem connecting to tracker - <urlopen error (10060, 'Operation timed out')>"

I know that the ports are forwarded properly (I use ports in the 50000s) because when trackers DO accept me, it works fine. However, I've tried the connection checker and it says I'm behind a firewall, even though I'm sure I'm not. But I have no idea why I'm suddenly being rejected by so many trackers, so if anyone could explain to me what's going on, or help me out, I'd really appreciate it!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 2:51 pm 
It could be your ISP or a virus/spyware on your computer -- any of that would 'firewall' BitTornado.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 9:13 pm 
switech, why do you try to help out noob so much? if they can't help themselves don't you think their IQ is on the low side?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:17 pm 
Hey smartass, this is a HELP forum. If you're here to call people "noobs" and deny them help, then you're the idiot that doesn't belong here. Go learn some manners and don't bash others for having a soul and giving advice.

And switeck, I know for a fact that none of that stuff can be firewalling BT on my comp because as I've said before, I've done all the routine checks and made sure no settings had change that would compromise my connection to BT. But thank you anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 9:46 pm 
Ok, so the hardware side is rock-solid and set up correctly.

What about...
Are you using a wireless router?
Are you connected to your ADSL/cable modem or router via USB?

Did you try GOOGLE searching for others on your ISP that are 'suddenly' having BitTorrent problems?

I don't have a lot to go on, even though you've told me quite a bit.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]