the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:34 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 5:37 pm 
If bittornado is on for awhile about 30 min i can't enter any websites. it says *The site can't be shown*
and the dl speed is 50 or a bit more only.

plz help me is it my firewall or is it the port thing i did in bittornados prefs.
These things started to happened when i tried to get a firewall. Currently i'm using the latest Zonealarm free. It still happens if ZA is disabled.

I pray, beg etc. HElp me :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:50 pm 
Even when Zone Alarm is "disabled" parts of it are still running in ram.

You have to uninstall it to rule it out as a problem.
However if you don't get a software firewall replacement and you don't have a router...you'll likely get a virus on your computer while it lacks a firewall.

Port settings in BitTornado prefs shouldn't be the cause of the problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 12:47 am 
Switeck wrote:
Even when Zone Alarm is "disabled" parts of it are still running in ram.

You have to uninstall it to rule it out as a problem.
However if you don't get a software firewall replacement and you don't have a router...you'll likely get a virus on your computer while it lacks a firewall.

Port settings in BitTornado prefs shouldn't be the cause of the problem.
Do u mean that the problem is ZA. But if i uninstall it i dun have any firewall..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:34 am 
Anonymous wrote:
Do u mean that the problem is ZA. But if i uninstall it i dun have any firewall..
I do not know if it is a problem, but numerous others have posted that ZA is just plain bad news to file-sharing. Supposedly ZA v6.1 is better, but I don't know...I only use a router for a firewall.

There's numerous other firewall programs you could replace ZA with -- some are even free to home users.
You'll just have to do some research.

Your DSL/cable modem might have a firewall and/or router in it too -- which can protect you till you replace the software firewall.

And read about your ISP too, they may be causing BitTorrent trouble.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:42 am 
Switeck wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
I do not know if it is a problem, but numerous others have posted that ZA is just plain bad news to file-sharing. Supposedly ZA v6.1 is better, but I don't know...I only use a router for a firewall.

There's numerous other firewall programs you could replace ZA with -- some are even free to home users.
You'll just have to do some research.

Your DSL/cable modem might have a firewall and/or router in it too -- which can protect you till you replace the software firewall.

And read about your ISP too, they may be causing BitTorrent trouble.
i got the free version 6.1 of ZA. Any suggestion of another firewall?:/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:17 pm 
Outpost and Kerio firewalls come to mind.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]