the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:13 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 7:17 am 
i'm having this problem when downloading, my torrent is always on yellow for some torrents and i can never download more than 5kb/s.
while others i'm able to download speeds up to 170kb/s

for example a torrent from scarywater.net, i will get the yellow dot but other torrents will be running perfectly fine.

btw i'm using windows XP and behind a router.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 3:03 am 
cockygirl wrote:
i'm having this problem when downloading, my torrent is always on yellow for some torrents and i can never download more than 5kb/s.
while others i'm able to download speeds up to 170kb/s

for example a torrent from scarywater.net, i will get the yellow dot but other torrents will be running perfectly fine.

btw i'm using windows XP and behind a router.

The source of your download don't matter if you get a yellow or green light!! It's very strange that you sometimes get a green/yellow light. When you get green everything is fine, so I think you have forwarded your router and indeed for some torrents you get the green light very fast (1 sec) and sometimes a long time (half an hour)

When you open the torrent and press advanced, do you see any R-cnnections instead of L-connections. When you get R-connections (green light) everything is okay, No green light, you have maybe to forward your router.

PS: The green light isn't always right!!

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 5:59 am 

svdvlist wrote:
PS: The green light isn't always right!!

When is the green light not right? (ignoring older versions of shadow's experimental that accidentally tripped their own green light.) It is entirely possible for the light to turn green in current versions of BitTornado even when there are no apparent incoming connections in the peer list because some trackers actually do NAT checking of their peers when they connect.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]