the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:35 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: I have the same problem
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:19 pm 
Hey, this is weird, I have the same router (DI-614+), and I am experiencing the same problem with the yellow health. I have a static private IP (.103) and have configured my firewall as follows...

Any suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:35 pm 
Ahh, I tried changing the port to something totally different and that worked, I guess my ISP had those blocked

Post subject: DI-614+
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:48 am 
Just open the port range like 6880-6999.
The yellow mark will still be there but the program works fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 3:34 pm 
I have the same problem as everyone else here. Yellow light even though I followed the D-Link guide to bittorrent. Here's my settings:

What should I do? Please explain thoroughly, I'm not very good at these sort of things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:42 pm 
i cant get my dlink 614+ to work with all different types of doing it.. the yellow light is still there...i need some help

Post subject: ics
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:14 pm 
would having Internet Connection Sharing hinder the golden green light that i cannot achieve? I opened the ports and everythin and that didnt work, i use ics to hook up xbox live with my wireless router. Its not in use but would it still hinder the green light? also just curious anyone know what isp's block bt ports?

Post subject: Small Problem there!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:43 pm 
You can set you dlink to dhcp you a static address. If you set your own address up statically, there are some problems that hasn't been mentioned first... You wont be able to access the internet...

If you set your address statically, you must have this configuration set like so and you must get all the information first before setting statically. First, log into your router's configuration. Go to the Status page(dlink not sure about other brands) and write down the DNS addresses. This is very important!!! if you want to be able to access the net once you set it statically. So say the dns addresses are 207.44.103.57 and 207.44.103.97
Your router's address is 192.168.0.1 and the address you want is 192.168.0.10 then here is what your configuration in windows should look like

[x] Use the following IP address:
IP address: 192.168.0.10
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Default gateway: 192.168.0.1

[x] Use the following DNS server addresses:
Preferred DNS server: 207.44.103.57
Alternate DNS server: 207.44.103.97

This is how it would be configured in windows. You can get to this configuration window by going to your networking settings for your networking connection (local area network) and by clicking on the TCP/IP Protocol located in your connection's menu. Happy torrenting![/img]

Post subject: VIRTUAL SERVER
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 9:02 pm 
You have to set up some port forwarding, dlink refers to it as VIRTUAL SERVERS. You will have to start up BITTornado on a download and click on preferences. You will see in the upper right corner of the preferences window, port options. Set your ports to a small range between 1 to 10 ports. It all depends how many downloads you will do at one particular time. If you only download from one torrent at one time, then you only need one port forwarded. I have 5 forwarded. You should range your ports somewhere between 50000 to 60000. So you could use 55555 to 55557 or any other random serie in that range. Set BitTornado to use a specific range. Next, you will have to set up your connection as manually static (read previous post for explanations on how) or you can set it as dhcp static thru your dlink router. To do this, go to your routers configuration page. Go to DHCP button. You will see under this page, the option to set your address as STATIC. It's pretty simple, select your computer from the list, and add it to your static list, you might want to address yourself a new address but that's up to you. Next, is VIRTUAL SERVERS It should be the second tab in the router's configuration if not, keep snooping till you find it. Good, once you have found it, you will have to configure all the ports you wish to use, therefore a good reason to limit the number of ports between 1 to 10. It also makes your ports stealthed instead of opened to the internet. Stealthing and opening are different in such that hackers know when a port is open but when its stealthed, they don't know whether its open or closed, making it more secure then opening the ports in the firewall... To set Virtual servers, you will have to remember what address you assigned yourself, second you will have to remember what ports you wanted to use. Remember to use the large range mentioned above, since most of the ports between 6881-6889 have been slowed down by some internet providers. The higher range makes it more difficult for your internet service providers to slow down and since you are selecting your ports, it makes it more difficult for peoples internet service providers to slow down all those ports. Public and Private Port are usually the same, all you have to do is give the rule a name (Eg: BitTornado) and enter the ip address you gave yourself statically. You will have to repeat this for every port you wish to use and have set in BitTornado. What this will allow you to do, is allow other bittorrent users to "speak" to your computer and speed up your download and remove that acursed yellow light. Sometimes, it will remain yellow because the number of people connecting to you is very low, don't be alarmed, it will eventually disappear.

Post subject: thanks alot Bladeless
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 8:29 pm 
I tried every suggestion in this thread and the last post by bladelss finally worked. Wasn't that hard to do either. Thanks alot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 5:32 am 
Bladeless

Thank you very much for taking the time to write that long post. IT WORKED!!!

I tried EVERYTHING else and yours was the only solution that got rid of the accursed yellow light.

Post subject: Green not enough
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:14 am 
My last post was a little hasty. While Bladeless’s solution did indeed get rid of the yellow light (thank you very much again) it didn’t solve the underlying problem – speed.

I have been operating under the assumption that if I could get the status light green, while behind my D-Link DI-624, then I would achieve the same download rate as being plugged directly into my Motorola SB5100 SURFboard Cable Modem – approximately 240 KBs. This has proven false.

Even though my status light in now green I am only downloading at approx. 50 KBs. I have connected directly back into my cable modem again and, yes, it was approx 240 KBs again. However, my upload does achieve maximum speed of around 95 KBs.

I have tried every other configuration in this thread and I always get a yellow light with an average DL of around 40 KBs and UL of around 60 KBs.

Any miracles out there?

p.s. I am using XP Pro SP2 with all firewall services disabled.

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:11 am 
Thanks this really helped. My Bittornado just rox now....thx again!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:27 am 

I've done exactly as bladeless said to do and its still not working. Im going nuts, i've tried everything under the sun and nothing is working.

I'm using a Dlink 302g modem with a DI-624+ router. (oh how i hate the router!!!). Everything was working fine till about 2 days ago and now im yellow lighted on every torrent i try. I've even changed all the ports countless times and same thing.

Do i need to set up both the modem and the router to forward the ports (if yes can someone teach me how to do it on the modem).
How does one check if your isp is firewalling your ports?

Any help would be VERY appreciated =(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:37 am 
Go into Advanced
On the left, click on DMZ
Enable it
Change IP to 101
Apply

Big green circle for ya! 8)

Worked for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2005 2:56 pm 

I have d-link router The DI-614+. I tried to follow what the thread said. but i ended up screwing up the entire connection could someone tell me what i am supposed to do from the start?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next