the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:53 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: ok, what do I do now?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:48 pm 
I used to use azureus, and it used to work fine, i had green lights, i could use it while using other internet apps without problems, and download speeds were great. I moved my computer once, to another network(at a college) and then I brought it back home, since then, I can't run an torrent programs without significant decrease in internet performace, as well as a yellow light and very slow download speeds. Some torrents seem "flukey" as they download very fast 180kb/s plus, but most only go max of 15kb/s and a max 20kb/s upload. And it contrainsts my whole cpjmuter's bandwidth, even though I have a cable connection.

I have made exceptions on my router for ports used by torrent apps, and have made exceptions for my software firewall(PC-cillan Internet Security). everything is allowed that I can see. Upnp was disabled, and worked bfore, now I don't know what it does, but enabled or disabled, i get the same results.

someone help me out :-/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:48 pm 
Well, either you're bringing home a virus from college that messed your computer up. Or more likely your settings need to be drastically changed again to unfirewall your connection at home for use by BitTornado.

Maybe your current DSL/cable modem has a router in it that needs to be disabled or forwarded as well?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]