the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:06 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 12:02 am 
hi everyone....previously my bittorrent was working fine with green light and i was happily downloading at good speeds.....all of a sudden, my BT shows the yellow light yesterday and i just can't download anything. im using a smc router and i've already forwarded ports 6881-6999 but the yellow light still remains.....my internet connection is fine as i can surf websites.

i've tried using shadow's exp and bittornado but both also show the yellow light....how do i solve this problem?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 12:03 am 
just to add, im not running any firewall and have oredi disabled the xp firewall....the problem still remains. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 1:42 am 
Check your port forwarding settings, maybe your local IP has changed.

If all seems correct, you could try to change the port range (router and bittornado).

You can check your connection here: http://btfaq.com/natcheck.pl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 3:06 am 
my local ip is still the same....
wat ports shd i open in my router config?

i've just checked with the link u posted and it has passed.
i was wondering if the problem i faced for the past two days is due to isp-side.
i'm just monitoring the bt window

thanks punisher for your help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 6:28 am 
If you passed the natcheck test, everything should be ok.

You need to open up as many ports as you want to run bittorrent downloads at the same time. Two downloads will need two ports open for example.

If you start a download you will always see a yellow light for a short time, you should only be worried, if it remains for a longer time.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]