the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:35 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 10:15 pm 

I'm using Bittornado and I ALWAYS have the yellow light on EVERY torrent I download, even if there is a lot of seeders and I should be downloading at a high speed. I tried reading some of the stickied threads, but they do not make sense, are poorly written, and what they ask me to click on I cannot find. Here is some background information which I probably should give you:

Connection speed: Broadband
Router: There is a BEFSR41 V3 router operating my network. However, I am not under a router, I am hosting it and I'm the one who is sharing my internet to one other person. So I do not believe it is a router problem
Firewall: I do not have a firewall, and I don't think Windows Firewall is the cause of the problem
Torrent site: Torrentspy. I am sure there are a lot of users on this forum who download torrents off of that site, so for those who do, you should exactly know how to solve my problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:32 am 

Quote:
Router: There is a BEFSR41 V3 router operating my network. However, I am not under a router, I am hosting it and I'm the one who is sharing my internet to one other person. So I do not believe it is a router problem

Check your IP addresses. If your computer's IP is in one of the ranges listed in RFC 1918, you're misinformed, and it is a router problem.
http://portforward.com/routers.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:03 am 

DWKnight wrote:
Quote:

Check your IP addresses. If your computer's IP is in one of the ranges listed in RFC 1918, you're misinformed, and it is a router problem.

Thank you DWKnight but I have already been referred to that site in the past. The problem is that is looks useful, but I couldn't get anywhere with the site because of the "Static IP" part. I tried reading their guide on how to setup a static IP but a part of the guide you have to use a "Names server" in the command prompt. But I do not have that so they say you need to call your ISP and they will tell you. But I do not want to get into that much trouble for a matter like this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:51 am 

You can get the Name Servers from ipconfig /all
The DNS servers listed are the ones you use. (DNS stands for Domain Name Service)

Is this of any help?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:41 am 

DWKnight wrote:
Quote:

i turned my windows firewall off and it turned green :wink:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]