the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:39 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2004 6:28 pm 
I can't get the stupid yellow light to go away :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 1:46 am 
You have to forward the ports used by bittornado to your local IP. Per default bittornado uses port 6881 (-6899).

What type of Netgear router do you have?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 4:46 pm 
MR814v2

Post subject: Netgear
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 8:50 pm 
If you are running XP, it could be an XP firewall problem. I have a Netgear DG834G, and I had a war going on between the XP firewall and the DG834G. There was about 5KB/sec of LAN traffic back and forth when it should have been silent. I "turned off" the XP firewall under the LAN control panel, but the war continued. I finally solved it by going into ädd/remove programs" "add/remove windows components" and remove the firewall component from XP. That fixed the traffic and opened my ports.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 2:16 am 
Port forwarding with this router is described here: http://kbserver.netgear.com/kb_web_files/n101145.asp#RP614Anchor
You have to add a "Custom Service", start port 6881, end port 6899, enter a name and apply the settings. Then choose this service under "Service & Game" and enter the server IP, that's the IP of the computer that runs bittornado. Click "Add Server", the settings should now appear in the list.
Go to http://btfaq.com/natcheck.pl and see if it works.

With bittornado version 0.3.0+ you can also try to use UPNP. You have to install UPNP on winXP through "add/remove windows components", "network services".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 6:24 pm 
It.... WORKED!!! YAHOO!!! *dances* :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 6:27 pm 
Yay, fast download :D

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 7:15 pm 
Thanks for the help.

Post subject: wat doyou mean?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:24 pm 
What do you mean "serice under "Service & Game"?

punisher wrote:
Port forwarding with this router is described here: http://kbserver.netgear.com/kb_web_files/n101145.asp#RP614Anchor
You have to add a "Custom Service", start port 6881, end port 6899, enter a name and apply the settings. Then choose this service under "Service & Game" and enter the server IP, that's the IP of the computer that runs bittornado. Click "Add Server", the settings should now appear in the list.
Go to http://btfaq.com/natcheck.pl and see if it works.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:46 pm 
The names are because of the way you set up port forwarding with this router. You first have to create a "custom service", that's a port range with a specific name, i.e. Bittornado. Then you can select the "custom service" named Bittornado from the "service & game" list and apply an ip for it. With the ports and ip you then create a (virtual) server which is the same as port forwarding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:04 pm 

zidane what did you do? did u uninstall windows firewall or did you do the things punisher told you to do

hi punisher, do you NEED a static ip when you do this

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:29 pm 

hey, you know when you open a port it says the port number 6xxx and stuff... then it asks for ip

what ip do i put

192.168.0.1 ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:25 am 
With a non-static ip the router could assign you a new ip, i.e. after you reboot your computer, so you always have to check that you forward the ports to the correct ip. With a static ip you manually set an ip on your computer, so it does not change.

To set a static ip on your computer, go to the tcp/ip options of the lan connection to your router and fill in:
IP Address: 192.168.0.x (x is a number from 2 to 254)
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.0.1 (that's the ip address of the router)
DNS Server: 192.168.0.1 ( - '' - )

If you're using the xp sp1 firewall, i suggest to disable it, because it protects you not more than your router does. You can use the sp2 firewall if you want, the firewall should ask you the first time you start bittornado, just choose to allow it.

When you set up port forwarding, you always have to put in the IP where you want to forward the ports to, that means the IP of the computer that runs bittornado or any other program that needs some ports forwarded.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 7:45 pm 

ok so

Ip ADress: 192.168.0.2
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 192.168.0.1

Preferred DNS server = ?
Alternate DNS server = ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:50 am 
Prefered DNS Server: 192.168.0.1
Alternate DNS Server: empty

If you get an IP already in use message, the router has currently assigned you the 192.168.0.2 ip. So either reboot without the router connected to your computer or take another number for the last part of the ip.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next