the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:53 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: SMC7004ABR
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 10:31 am 
Can anyone help me to config the router

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 3:52 pm 
SMC7004ABR manual

To enter the router web menu, enter the IP of the router in a web browser, default address is http://192.168.2.1 . The default password is blank, change it as soon as possible.
Go the the Setup menu, then click Virtual Server under Advanced Settings. There you can forward the ports needed by bittornado. You will have to forward as much ports as you want to run instances of bittornado simultanously. The default ports for bittornado start with port 6881 (you can change this within bittornado prefs). So enter 6881 as private and public port, the type is TCP. The private IP has to be the IP of the computer where bittornado runs, e.g. 192.168.2.2 . Repeat this for more ports if needed. That's it.
Note that the private IP should be preferably a static IP.

Check your settings here: http://btfaq.com/natcheck.pl.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 8:30 pm 
Thanks, By the way the static IP should be 192.168.2.1 or 192.168.2.2 ane so on....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 12:23 am 
If you didn't change the defaults, 192.168.2.1 is the router IP. The private IP is the same for all ports you configure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 4:49 pm 

Ok, I did all this and it still doesn't work...

I gave my pc and the others on my network a static IP,

I opened the ports in Virtual Server and in the Special Applications,

but I still have that bloody yellow light...

Is it cuz my ISP is still configured with a DHCP ? (at WAN)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 6:16 pm 

Ok, it seems that my proxy server was blocking the speed...

Does anyone know how I could keep the green light AND my proxy settings?

Right now, I always have to disable the proxy server, whenever I want to use BT.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 8:57 am 
Thanks, punisher. I manage to set it up, and it works. The only thing is I need to setup the Special Application. My Trigger port is 6881 and Public port os 6881-6999.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 10:41 am 
You can use trigger ports if you want to open various ports for an application, this also works with DHCP. If there is an outgoing connection on the trigger port, the configured public ports are opened for incomming connections.
But now to the interesting part, normally there is now outgoing connection on port 6881 caused by bittornado, so actually it should not work with port triggering on that port. :?:

Post subject: Even better
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:49 pm 
If you're not too worried about security, in the "Misc" tab, put in your local IP in the "Remote DMZ Host" thing, it basically opens all your ports. You might want to then get a better software port monitoring/blocking software. SMC sucks. ^_^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:51 am 
so what should i type in for the Private IP???

Post subject: 7004 ABR
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:22 am 
I just finished setting my router.

http://192.168.2.1:88
to get to the password screen
Click on Setup
Click on Virtual server
Find your local machine IP

1. Click the Start menu button on the Windows taskbar.
2. Click Run... on this menu.
3. Type cmd in the text box that appears. A command prompt window launches on the desktop.
4. In this command window, type ipconfig /all.
You should see the number there

Enter the last number of your IP to complete the "private IP"
"Private port" enter 6881
"Public port" enter 6881
Continue to do this for as many ports as you want open

Hope this helps...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:48 pm 
Hey guys, i also have the smc router, i had it for a while now but now i don't know the pw at the log in screen, dose anyone know how to reset the pw?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:55 pm 
You need to reset the router: http://www.smc.com/index.cfm?sec=Suppor ... 568&site=c

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 5:15 pm 
Hi all! I have the wireless version of this SMC router but I'm still getting the yellow light in BT. Under virtual server I put: Private IP 192.168.2.1 / Private Port 6881 / Type TCP / Public Port 6881

In the next row I did the same thing exept the private and public port is 6882 and so forth up to 6889.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there any other fireware things I have to disable? Oh I am running Zone Alarm but even with it disabled I still get the yellow light so I don't think that's the problem... or is it?

I hope someone can help me out. Thanks in advance! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 3:36 am 
192.168.2.1 is the router's IP, you need to enter the IP of your computer. You can find the IP on the routers status page or directly on your computer if you do start->run->"winipcfg" for win98/me or "cmd /k ipconfig" for winxp/2k.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next