the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:18 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:04 pm 
Thanks Punisher! I got the green light for GO! Wheeee!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:10 pm 
do i need to state the ports for virtual server and special applications or just state the ports for special applications?

is the virtual server section useful for bittorrent, cos the explanation written under the virtual server section is something about ftp....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:06 am 
You only need the virtual server settings (static port forwarding), special application is port triggering.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 3:25 am 
i see. thanks punisher.

Post subject: 3 machines
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:40 pm 
I have 3 machines on my network and when i tried to forward port 6881 to 2 different machines (IP's *.*.*.101 and .102) I get an error saying basically "the ports are the same." Can I forward a port to 2 different machines?

Post subject: Re: 3 machines
PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:30 pm 
dcoroni wrote:
I have 3 machines on my network and when i tried to forward port 6881 to 2 different machines (IP's *.*.*.101 and .102) I get an error saying basically "the ports are the same." Can I forward a port to 2 different machines?

No, but you can simply split up the port range and forward them separately, be sure the change the ports in the bittornado preferences accordingly.

Post subject: help me
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:13 pm 
I had bittornado working with a green light on my old computer with disabling windows xp firewall and port forwarding and triggering with my router and McAfee firewall allowing full access with bittornado. Now I bought a new computer and I have done all the same things as with my old computer but I can't get the green light anymore. Can anyone give me some suggestions????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:43 am 
Check that bittornado uses the same port range as you have forwarded in your router. Disable upnp, don't use port triggering, only port forwarding is needed and use a static ip for your computer.

Post subject: get ride of it
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 4:09 am 
hi i had an smc router also get ride of it, they are a night-mare if you use p2p protocols then your in for a fun ride

rendom resets and other problems plague this router i bought a £20 generic router from local shop, never had any problems and it was easy to setup and configure.

here's something you should noyt try at home, do not upgrade your firmware ever, youll have to go for a factory recall takes about 4 weeks

don't think about it just do it youll never lookback

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:13 pm 
How do you get a static IP??? I also have a network adapter driver on this new computer and I didn't on the old one, does this make a difference because it's the only thing I can see thats different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 3:35 pm 
It sounds like you didn't change any settings in your router, but your new computer probably has another IP than your old computer. You have to check that the port forwarding is done to the correct IP. I also posted in this thread how you can find the IP of your computer.

Setting a static or manual IP is described in the router manual, the tcp/ip configuration (on your computer) in short will be:
IP Address: 192.168.2.x (x from 2 to 254)
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.2.1 (router IP)
DNS Server: 192.168.2.1 (router IP)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:52 pm 
well I got the torrent to download with a green light. But when I stopped it and restarted my computer and tried it again it was giving me the yellow light again and still is. Why is it that I can get the green light some of the time and yellow other times??? Is this the fault of suprnova???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 8:14 pm 
by the way I have a static IP address so thats not the problem. It should be working but its not

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 7:22 am 
Check that you still have the same IP address on your computer. It also usually takes some time to get a green light, especially if the tracker is busy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:31 am 
Am having some problems, am forwarding 6881 only but am seeing the dreaded yellow light. My firewall settings are set at "Medium" with "Provate Default Action" set to Deny. Could this be the cause?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next