the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:29 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:12 am 
Hello dear fellows!

I have now tried just about everything I have found(and understood) about fixing your BitTorrent/getting past those firewalls. I am hoping that some of you cunning and kind souls can spot the problem hovering in front of my face with less effort than it takes to wink your pinkies.

I am using a Acer TravelMate laptop (1.5 GHz, ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9700
/64MB). Im am using windows XP. I am connected to a wireless connection in my home, with a router of the type Zyxel 660HW ADSL2+. My supposed connection speed is 8mB/s, but when I tested it at "http://bandwidthplace.com" I got these results:

"Communications 979.7 kilobits per second
Storage 119.6 kilobytes per second
1MB file download 8.6 seconds
Subjective rating Good"

I have tried to make exceptions in my XP firewall(on various ports), but to no avail. Still a yellow light..

My BitTorrent reads as follows: Download rate is about 2-10 kB/s, Upload rate at 30-40. My Share rating is 2.8 (isnĀ“t that awfully high?).
My "total speed" is about 300kB/s (, though it has occasionally soared to 700kB, but without significant change in download speed)

Please give me any feedback; Any obvious pointers would be appreciated, since I am completely new to this and am sure to be making silly mistakes..

Best regards

Rinre

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:16 pm 
I contacted my internet company (HIVE, Iceland), and it seems that they have locked the router, and I must ask them to open a few ports for me..
Seems silly, but I guess that should solve it?
Has anyone else a similar problem with his internet provider?

rinre

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:57 pm 
My IPS (TERRA, Brazil) tell me the only unblocked port is the 80 port (default for http).

They say it costs about 10 times more to sign for the plan with Static IP and unblocked ports.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:01 pm 
lol, an ISP that blocks all ports like that isn't a real ISP, more likely some connartist who peddles off his own internet for a fast buck..
Dump them and find a real one, and don't listen to BS that they tell you

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]