the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:11 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:58 pm 

Hi all,

I'm using torrentflux /bittornado on an old sun netra t1 1u server (using ubuntu 7.04 server). It works, but only sometimes and I think it might be a firewall issue.

When torrents are very heavily seed it works like a charm (150kbps - which is quite good for my crappy connection).... but when torrents are not heavily seeded (an even ratio of seeds to leeches) they refuse to go above 5kbps often stalling at "connecting to peers".

Before I start digging into this further, I figured I would ask for some general advise. Does this sound like a firewall issue? The reason I think it might not be is because running utorrent / azureus on my other boxes (behind the same router firewall) work like a charm. (The yellow light is on though...)

I have opened the ports that the client is using... so beyond that it's just the router firewall.

Are there any other tricks to boosting performance? (utorrent allows you to increase the number of connections for example..)

Well, sorry for the long message! :)

Thanks!
Justin

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]