the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:50 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 9:19 pm 
Wow, I cant get good speed or a green light on this thing even with ports open and I tried the sticky topic's instructions but we have none of the same buttons...well some but theres no firewall. Is there anyone who can help?! :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 12:36 am 
http://support.dlink.com/faq/view.asp?prod_id=1347

If you still get no green light go here http://btfaq.com/natcheck.pl and compare the IP shown on that page with you WAN IP. You should find the WAN IP on a status page of the router. If they are not the same you are most likely behind some proxy.

If the IPs are the same, but still no green light, your IPS may have a firewall installed. You can try to change the port range of bittornade/router to something else.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:12 pm 
Hi when i input (192.168.0.1) for step 1 in my webbrowser da following error occurs

We can't find "192.168.0.1"

and when i put in (http://192.168.0.1)

dis error occurs

The page cannot be displayed

I have a DI 704P router connected to a switch

which is connecting 2 comps in my house

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:47 pm 
Try the tips from the d-link support: http://support.dlink.com/faq/view.asp?prod_id=979

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:46 am 
As a Bittorrent Noob, I tried all of this and still ended up with a yellow light.

I opened ports 6881-6891 under virtual server of the D-link setup, and the lights remained yellow. I eventually tried changing the ports under preferences from 10000-20000 or whatever it was, to 6881-6891, restarted Bittornado, and the light went from grey, to red, to yellow, sat on yellow for a few seconds and then went green.

This is very nice, however, the download is still mad slow, around 2 kB/s. It's only been on for a few minutes however, and I'm hopeful that it will speed up.

Just thought I'd post that here if anyone else had done what I did without realizing to change the preference ports.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:37 am 
Dissociater wrote:
As a Bittorrent Noob, I tried all of this and still ended up with a yellow light.

I opened ports 6881-6891 under virtual server of the D-link setup, and the lights remained yellow. I eventually tried changing the ports under preferences from 10000-20000 or whatever it was, to 6881-6891, restarted Bittornado, and the light went from grey, to red, to yellow, sat on yellow for a few seconds and then went green.

First loaded FIREWALL software on pc

Second started about 10 torrents

Then opened all ports (port forwarded to my IP of PC)

Wathced as went Green over course of 1 minute

Then Slowly started closing in on Ports .... currently @ 6800 - 7000 and all is still green ... and occassionally some of mine go up to 20kbps, or 30kbps.

I'm okay with that ... although wonder if this is truly 'fast' compared to other P2Ps.

Hope it helps

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:26 pm 

Make sure you check the little box ontop that says "allow multiple ip connections"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 12:22 pm 
hello.. i cant seem to get rid of the yellow light!! can someone please tell me what to do? i've tried changing the ports and all.. but it does not seem to work. please post back ASAP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 7:40 am 
I also got a D-link 704p Version C
Let me Tell you how it work

Step 1 See your D-Link there is 5 Hole
(At the Back Of It The Telephone line) (9 line)

_ _ _ _ _
:_: :_: :_: :_: :_:

The 1st Hole on the Left Side is your Connect your Model In the hole Left Side.

Step 2
(At the other 4 Hole is for multiple connections)
Connect anyone to your multiple connection to your computer

Step 3
(On Your D-link power supply)

Step 4
(Go to the Internet explorer)
Tyre the address 192.168.0.1

Step 5
Tyre Admin for the ures passport
and leave the password "Blank"

Step 6
(Run the wizard)

Step 7
(when everything is set)
(If no connection Restart your computer)

Step 8
(Follow Step 4 if you restart your computer)
Now To get Rid of the firewall
(1st Press advanced)
(2nd Press Firewall At the left side botton if you see It)
(It will come out a list of word at the botton of the centre)
(3rd Press the Sheet pager Beside the Trash Bag)
(4th Do it to all the sheet pager )

Step 9
(Restart Your Computer Just In Case It to make sure D-link get a load)

Step 10
(do the same step as step 4/5

Step 11
(The close the Internet explorer )
It will work with multiple computer unless your Connection is down check 1st)

If you need more info you go to any website gave by other ask them

i am tired of this D-link It suk....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2005 8:11 am 
One more thing i forget to tell you is that you need to see Both M1 and M2
light up Maybe M1 may be flashing which that mean you can acress the inertnet

I got a problem also how can i find out that my computer have firewall software and how can i get rid Please Help me 2
:oops:

Post subject: i got a fix
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 12:38 am 
If you are using the D-link 704P I can tell you how i fixed my yellow light problem. If you are using windows xp then windows has a built in firewall which is helpful to completely disable if you have a secondary 3rd party software firewall installed such as pc cillin. The point is that you should only have one software firewall protecting your system. Now you will need to go into your software firewall and somehow create an exception for the bittorrent application, allowing udp and tcp protocols in and out. Now that you have cleared bittorrents connection through the software firewall access your DP704-P rev a or b by typing 192.168.0.1 and enetering the password. Click on advanced tab then go to the bottom and click the DMZ tab. Enable this option and type the last three numbers of your network ip on the computer that you wish to use bittorrent on. By allowing bittorrent to send and recieve protocols through the software and by making it de materialized through the firewall, the necessary connections should be established to allow you to kiss that yellow light goodbye!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2005 3:46 am 

I wouldn't recommend DMZ as anything other than a last resort, as all malicious traffic now goes through the router to the PC too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:32 am 

I have the same problem and i'm about to giveup just can't solve it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:10 am 

Speaking of translating to other playback systems can you tell me what you mean by this?

I do not see why any recording should sound the same when played back on a number of different systems if that is what was meant by translating to other playback systems

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:11 am 

OK got my thoughts sort of straight.

What I was thinking about was a "parts cleaner". This particular one used a chemical that was useless unless heated.

Now all I have to do is find the article again.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]