the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:54 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 12:58 pm 
I have gone into the router and set the port forwarding for bittorrent, my software firewall on my pc is set properly for bittorrent, I don't have XP firewall running, and yet I still fail the test at http://btfaq.com/natcheck.pl. I have absolutely no idea why the port forwarding doesn't seem to work. I also have port forwarding for eDonkey2000, and that has been working perfectly for me.

Any suggestions or anything would be greatly appreciated. I can provide more information if needed, I didn't include it all now since I don't know what is necessary. Thanks in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 7:43 pm 
Ok, so it seems as if the port forwarding worked for my desktop that is connected by a wire to my router, but I still can't get the green light on my laptop which is connected wirelessly. This doesn't seem to make any sense, but any suggestions anyone could throw at me would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 5:44 am 
Your laptop has another IP than your desktop pc, so you have to forward the ports to the laptop IP and the desktop IP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 7:19 pm 
Thanks for the help punisher. However I had already done that. I've also checked to make sure that the auto ip that I have on my laptop matches what I put in for the port forwarding. I'm still only getting local connections going to my laptop though while my desktop works perfectly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 3:36 am 
Don't use the same port range for your computers. For example forward ports 6881-6885 to the desktop, configure bittornado on that pc to use only 6881-6885, then forward ports 6886-6890 to the laptop and configure bittornado to use only 6886-6890.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]