the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:22 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: sitecom router
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 9:10 am 

I got to 2 questions:
1) does windows 98 have got an build in firewall? and if it has one, how do i switch it off?
2) How do i have to configuer my sitecom router so my status light turns green?

Post subject: Re: sitecom router
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 10:03 am 
Game Error wrote:
I got to 2 questions:
1) does windows 98 have got an build in firewall? and if it has one, how do i switch it off?
2) How do i have to configuer my sitecom router so my status light turns green?
  1. No, win98 has no build in firewall.
  2. You have to forward the ports used by bittornado, usually port 6881-6899. In routers it is often called local or virtual server setup. What sitecom router do you have?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 11:19 am 

i got the DC-202. I already tried DMZ but i didn't work and i tried to forward those ports but bittornado keeps giving a yellow light:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 12:12 pm 
Go to http://btfaq.com/natcheck.pl, there you will see your own IP, check if its the same as the router tells you (the internet IP is shown on the welcome screen). If not you may be behind some proxy.
If the IPs match, do a test with a running torrent. If the test fails some of your port settings aren't correct. Please post what you configured under the virtual server setup in your router.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 1:16 pm 

my IP is the same (that means i am not behind a proxy server, right?)but i doesnt understand what i have to configurate under virtual server setup? can i add there the ports i want to forward? i added bittorent(thats how i called it)(i use of course bittornado) under access control but that doesn't seems to work?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 6:25 pm 
Yes, you forward the ports on the virtual server screen.
Add some name for the "server" (you already did that) and check enable. On the "PC (Server)" field you choose the pc that runs bittornado, that pc should have a static IP, but it should also work if you only have one pc connected to the router. Then select TCP as protocol. For the internal and external port no. you enter 6881. Then click Add as new Server. You have to repeat this steps for as much ports (6882, 6883...) as you want to run simultaneous downloads with bittornado. If you have a newer version of the router you can add the ports as ranges (e.g. 6881-6899), so you don't need multiple entries for bittornado. Check your settings at the natcheck page.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 1:31 am 

why do i need a static IP adress?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 2:53 am 

Game Error wrote:
why do i need a static IP adress?

Because if your DHCP-assigned IP address ever changes for any reason such as by the lease expiring and another machine is booted up that then takes the IP address your machine had, your port mappings will no longer be valid and will be pointing to a different machine than the one you wanted them to point to. A static internal IP ensures that the mapping stay valid since they will never change unless you changed them yourself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 9:28 am 

my light is green now :D but i tried to download somthing(Rise Of Nations Thrones & Patriots) but it keeps downloading at 2kb/s do you know why it is so slow?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 4:28 am 

it finally works:D thanx punisher and bytetorrent

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]