the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:07 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:29 pm 
ok, i had zonealarm pro but it wouldnt let me use msn messenger 7, so i got rid of that and got sygate pro, thought "yay i can use MSN now" the problem i have now is that i have a yellow light constantly and a speed that doesnt seem to go above 30kbps when it should be well over that (i have 4Mb broadband)

now people keep saying "port forewarding, port forewarding and add rules etc..." this doesnt help me. ive done it all, i have forewarded my ports to 6881-6999 (my ports for bittornado) i have set advanced rules, i even set the allowed ip addresses to 0.0.0.0-255.255.255.255 i still have the damned yellow light there.

i dont know if this helps, but if you go to your log file in sygate and then go to the "traffic log" i am able to see loads and loads of blocked incoming and outgoing traffic, as the only program i have running that would be downloading etc.. is bittornado so these connections must be for my download(s) and they are being blocked out, anyone know how the hell i fix this??? (and do NOT tell me port forewarding or port range or anything to do with that)

and if no one can help me with this can you recomend a good firewall to replace my sygate, as i have been through norton internet security and zonealarm pro already. and sygate seems to be the one that causes the least conflicts except where it counts in terms of download speed.

thanx people hope to hear something soon

Post subject: Sygate Settings
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:40 am 
I too replaced ZoneAlarm 5.5 with Sygate and have found that it works perfectly with bit tornado by simply selecting the "allow" option by right clicking on the bit tornado icon that appears in Sygate. I have never needed to create any additional rules, it simply works. With this in mind, I would check other things on your PC, as something else may be blocking your torrents. If you have Norton Antivirus, make sure to turn off internet worm protection, it caused a problem for me which completely disappeared after disabling it in the Norton options menu.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:01 am 
Kerio v2 is free for personal use. http://download.kerio.com/dwn/kpf/kerio-pf-2.1.5-en-win.exe

v4 is a "trialware" internet suite. It has a bunch of other crap with it that you can demo for a month. After the trial, the firewall part is free for personal use.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]