the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:03 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Problem - NIS2003
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 5:16 am 
Around a week ago, suddenly my torrents just were fixed on the yellow light, and they used to work before. I'm behind a router with NAT, and I've checked, and all my old settings work, so the problem's not there. I've checked my Norton Internet Security 2003, and no settings are different. Downloads if NIS is on stay at yellow, however if I disable it, the download immediately shifts to the green as it should, so the problem's to do with NIS 2003. In the "Personal Firewall" settings, I've set it to permit all communications for btdownloadgui.exe, and for good measure I've included a 2 way TCP/UDP port range for both local and remote ports 6881-6999. I've checked my Logs, and I get a lot of:

Details: TCP non-syn/non-ack packet on invalid connection. Packet has been dropped
Source IP address: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
Destination IP address: XXXXX(XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX)
TCP Source Port: 6881
TCP Destination Port: 3639
TCP Message Flags: 0x00000010

I've then run the btfaq checker, and with the firewall on, I get the message:

"Fail!
The connection was successful but a timeout occured reading or writing the BitTorrent client data."

With the firewall off I get:

"Pass!
Successfully connected and received client response."

Turning the Firewall on again gives a fail again. Privacy control, ad blocking, and parental control are all off already. I'm at my wits ends trying to find some kind of a fix for this, so any help would be greatly appreciated :D
Thanks,
-Danielkl

Post subject: Re: Problem - NIS2003
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 5:46 am 
Danielkl wrote:
I've included a 2 way TCP/UDP port range for both local and remote ports 6881-6999.

That's the problem, you set up a rule to only allow communication between ports 6881-6999 on both ends. But bittorrent connections are always from any port to the listening ports you configured in bittornado (6881-6999).
So you need two rules, one for outbound TCP traffic from any port to any port (a client can listen on any port) and you need one for inbound traffic from any port to port 6881-6999 TCP (the ports you configured in bittornado).

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]