the forums at degreez.net

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:41 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:14 am 
Punisher, I've got the same problem with NIS. I'm a former backup network admin who used to work on corporate firewalls--hardware and software--and I can't figure this out.

I've done everything sorted describes and more, both by checking online resources such as this one and pure trial and error. NOTHING will get me green lights.

Even with explicit port range rules specified--or wide open ports--I get yellow lights. And even more maddening, each time I reboot my machine and/or restart my torrent client (currently Bit Tornado), NIS asks what I whether I want to allow access. I have to re-modify the rules, even though the old ones are still there. It makes no sense, and this is the ONLY program I have this problem with after using the last several versions of NIS since roughly 1999.

I feel bad about giving crappy upload, but I try to make up for it by staying open a ridiculously long time to make up for it. Still, I do hope to solve this. Meanwhile, it's driving me nuts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:20 pm 
I don't use NIS, so I can't help you much with that problem. Perhaps you may try another firewall.

Also verify that your ISP is not using a proxy or is blocking the ports used by bittornado.

Post subject: aztech router
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 5:27 am 
hi, i'm using this aztch router and my dl rate is gasp 2 to 5 only! How do i fix that? Uploaders are 11 to 15!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2